Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

There's not one in Lochee these days.

They stupidly opened one right next door to Clark's a few years ago. Didn't last long.

It's almost as if they opened next to Clark's hoping morons would go to Gregg's rather than the superior bakers and shut it down. 

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Re the GP stuff, sadly my practice moved to the shitty "call at 8am lottery for an appontment that day and, should you be unsuccessful, tough fucking luck, try again tomorrow" bollocks not long after the first lock down.

Used to be that you could phone them any time and they'd simply check the diary to see when they could fit you in. Couple be in a week, could be the next day, could be that day if there was a cancellation.

I've had a few times where I've tried calling at 8am for an appointment and just gotten the engaged tone for 30 minutes, only to get through and be told all appointments for the day are gone, try again tomorrow. I have then tried again tomorrow, and indeed the next couple of days after since I got the same outcome.

Also I don't have 'a' GP; I just get whoever is free. To be fair, when i have managed to get an appointment it's been great and the GPs and nurses have been great.

Sadly this sort of thing is only going to get worse as part of the managed decline from the greedy who want a model that gets them more cash.

You will have a GP.  Lots of practices work on a model of any patient can see any GP though and not specifically their actual GP.

I’m curious who you think are the greedy in this scenario?  GP practices are owned by the GP’s are they not?

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

You will have a GP.  Lots of practices work on a model of any patient can see any GP though and not specifically their actual GP.

I’m curious who you think are the greedy in this scenario?  GP practices are owned by the GP’s are they not?

I suspect that he was describing the Health Companies who have a desire to own and operate some - currently NHS owned - assets rather than GPs.

Reading about the NHS from the above post gives me the fear.

Thank f**k I stay in a 3rd world country, where you can go to your GP for free anytime of the day or night and get medicine. yes 24hr doctor surgeries.

Auld fuckers can wait all day, children and working age people get streamline to the front of the queue.

Suppose nothing beats the gid old British NHS 

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

The politicians and those bribing them to manage the decline of the NHS in an attempt to move more towards a US model of health care.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Reading about the NHS from the above post gives me the fear.

Thank f**k I stay in a 3rd world country, where you can go to your GP for free anytime of the day or night and get medicine. yes 24hr doctor surgeries.

Auld fuckers can wait all day, children and working age people get streamline to the front of the queue.

Suppose nothing beats the gid old British NHS 

Similar here.  We can get free treatment at public hospitals albeit you may have to wait but it sounds like the waiting times for NHS are even worse.  Going to see a doc is less easy but you can see a private Doc for a tenner a pop immediately.  Medicine is dear though.  

Funny what you say about the auld c***s  as hospitals and clinics are the only place where they don't get priority but then again neither do working folk or kids - it's every man/woman/child for themselves here! 

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Similar here.  We can get free treatment at public hospitals albeit you may have to wait but it sounds like the waiting times for NHS are even worse.  Going to see a doc is less easy but you can see a private Doc for a tenner a pop immediately.  Medicine is dear though.  

Funny what you say about the auld c***s  as hospitals and clinics are the only place where they don't get priority but then again neither do working folk or kids - it's every man/woman/child for themselves here! 

Aye, we have private health too, very expensive and to be honest the care or hospital (where I live) are not much different, In my case worse, as we have a newish hospital built in the town. probably different in the big cities.

As for the waiting at the GP's, it's a great system, works perfectly.  Also folk here have a Buddhist saying, 'don't rush things, you'll only catch the devil quicker'. That's for lifestyle in general.  APART FROM FUCKING DRIVING

7 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Aye, we have private health too, very expensive and to be honest the care or hospital (where I live) are not much different, In my case worse, as we have a newish hospital built in the town. probably different in the big cities.

As for the waiting at the GP's, it's a great system, works perfectly.  Also folk here have a Buddhist saying, 'don't rush things, you'll only catch the devil quicker'. That's for lifestyle in general.  APART FROM FUCKING DRIVING

Aye...driving.

They're not quite as bad as down your way but still you need to have 360° vision as they come at you from all sides.  Actually, in my wee street of 20 houses and a 100m stretch of road on Monday one of the neighbours managed to rear end (settle down Kenneth) another of our neighbour's car (which was parked) at such a speed that both cars ended up a good 10m down the road.  I heard the crash and dreaded looking out in the case the f****r had hit my car.  

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The politicians and those bribing them to manage the decline of the NHS in an attempt to move more towards a US model of health care.

Why would a UK politician be taking a bribe to deliberately put the NHS in managed decline... so as to have themselves and their party booted out of office/never get in as a consequence? 

The Tories are currently TWENTY SEVEN PERCENT behind in UK opinion polls, run through about eight government ministers a month, yet you think that they are all paid to deliberately run down the service? 

Run us through that 'logic' in full please and then provide some sound evidence for this conspiracy. 

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

Why would a UK politician be taking a bribe to deliberately put the NHS in managed decline... so as to have themselves and their party booted out of office/never get in as a consequence? 

The Tories are currently TWENTY SEVEN PERCENT behind in UK opinion polls, run through about eight government ministers a month, yet you think that they are all paid to deliberately run down the service? 

Run us through that 'logic' in full please and then provide some sound evidence for this conspiracy. 

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/opinion/revealed-the-links-between-tory-mps-and-the-people-profiting-from-nhs-privatisation-213827/

Seriously?

On 17/01/2024 at 05:05, Boo Khaki said:

Bloody GP reception staff, and Practice rules, sticking up barriers left and right to people actually being able to see a GP.

I moved surgery about 3.5 years back, right in the middle of Covid lockdown, and since then have never actually had to request a face-to-face with a GP. I had to go around to pick up a prescription, and there are a couple of things niggling me right now that I think probably do need to be looked at, or at least discussed with a GP in person. So I go into the surgery, get my prescription, and ask to make an appointment, only to be told it is impossible to arrange an appointment in person, while I'm actually stood in the bloody surgery.

Phone call only, seemingly, which is impossible for me since I had the landline removed about 6 months ago and do not own a mobile. Asked about what the contingency is for people who either can not, or will not use a telephone, the best they could come up with was "get someone else to phone on your behalf". When pointed out that this is also not a possibility for some people, I was told there was absolutely no other option. Email, written requests, requests in person, nope, simply not possible. 

So I ask if I can speak to the practice manager... nope, he's not on site, come back on Monday. I come back on Monday, nope, he's still not on site. This is all taking place during typical office hours, so I'm left wondering when he does actually bloody work. 

I'm fully of a mind to make this into a formal complaint if they don't resolve it or at least come up with some common sense alternative for people who can't use a phone, only to finally have them concede that if you turn up in person at 8:30 in the morning, then they will try to give you a face-to-face there and then because "we can't refuse to see you".

According to their own staff, I can stand at the reception desk, pull out a phone, and make a call and request an appointment, and they'll entertain that, but if I put the phone away and just talk to the lassie face-to-face, somehow this renders them incapable of arranging an appointment. 

You might think I'm just being petty, trying to cause a fight etc, but I'm not. I advocate for people with a range of physical disabilities, mental health conditions, addictions and so on, and some of them genuinely can not make telephone calls. I find it preposterous that a GP Practice can seemingly work on the basis of what suits themselves first and foremost, and away to f**k with the needs of the patients they are supposed to actually be caring for.

You should make a formal complaint, they would then be obliged to respond in writing within 21 days i believe. There are some really badly run practices just now and then there are others who just cant seem to recruit, less GP’s means less available appointments. 
Someone made the point about the regular hypochondriacs who know what to say and its a very clear issue actually. 

18 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

That's an opinion piece in a 'news' outlet nobody's ever heard of.

I'm looking for convincing evidence that *actual bribery* is taking place to link NHS underperformance to future benefits for big bad Toooooooooooories (and presumably SNP and Welsh Labour politicians too). 

A completely unrelated PTTGIYN: chumps who insist that grand conspiracies are responsible for events rather than a) clearly demonstrable incompetence and b) dreadful choices made by agents with freedom of action (including voters). 

A 14 year old's approach to understanding the world that has been allowed to fester thanks to the echo chambers that exist online. 

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's an opinion piece in a 'news' outlet nobody's ever heard of.

I'm looking for convincing evidence that *actual bribery* is taking place to link NHS underperformance to future benefits for big bad Toooooooooooories (and presumably SNP and Welsh Labour politicians too). 

The red font indicates links to e.g. the Register of Members Interests. If what MPs themselves disclose doesn't pass your evidential test I'm not sure what would.

1 hour ago, EvilScotsman said:

The red font indicates links to e.g. the Register of Members Interests. If what MPs themselves disclose doesn't pass your evidential test I'm not sure what would.

The Register of Members Interests does not in fact compile interests under 'Bribery: to undo the NHS'.

Which is why an opinion piece (I e. interpretation from some absolutely zero credibility source) is not sound evidence. 

11 hours ago, virginton said:

The Register of Members Interests does not in fact compile interests under 'Bribery: to undo the NHS'.

Which is why an opinion piece (I e. interpretation from some absolutely zero credibility source) is not sound evidence. 

We may be moving into "if it looks like a duck...." territory.