Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 minutes ago, velo army said:

Nah if he sticks a tenner in a card with an explanation and signs it from himself and his dining companion (especially if they're female) then there's no bother.

Waiters live on tips and getting a belated tenspot (that she deffo won't be sharing with the bar staff and busses) will make her day. 

Yeah fair enough. I'm big on tipping and I understand where the sentiment is coming from and agree with it. I'd still probably just leave it after you've departed the restaurant for the reasons I already gave. What did you do in the end pal? @MEADOWXI

15 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

I am getting on my nerves for not paying attention last night.

Out for a quick dinner last night before going to watch a recording of the BBC R4 news Quiz in Aberdeen, so early dinner in Miller & Carter to use up a voucher. Bill comes and its £84.60. When paying I hand the gift card over, it's £80.00 so only a balance of £4.60 to pay on card. The waitress had been good and basically a free meal so on the screen of the card machine it had tip options. Either 8%, 10%, 12% or amount. I hit 12% and tapped to pay without thinking. Checking my phone later have an alert from bank, get one for every transaction. Confirming I have paid £5.15. It took 12% of £4.60 not 12% of £84.60 which I genuinely thought it would. Feel like the tightest bugger alive today, it close to home and feel like sticking a tenner in a card and handing it in for the waitress. Was a genuine error but feel like have taken the piss with the tip.

I'm surprised she didn't faint that someone in Aberdeen gave her a tip. 

Mr Pink was from Midstocket you know

5 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

AI images, nothing to do with the Willy Wonka charlatans, that's hilarious but just every arsehole under the sun sticking a couple of words into an AI Generator to respond to whatever.

It just looks shite. Lol it's a parrot with a top hat on smoking a cigar. f**k off

Screenshot_20240302-004414_Samsung Internet.jpg

There's a lot said about AI's inability to understand fingers, but it doesn't seem to be able to cope with text and you'd think that'd be easier.

That's supposed to be a Falkirk badge on Lord Chirpington's coat, BTW; more like Raith from some eldritch horror dimension.

file-vwth8ux7nzGU4SwtwTRqlySt?se=2024-03

Headline from a story in the Daily Record. Why is the team that the deceased supported of any relevance?

image.thumb.png.ea8343b122662a64bf613d82a5616c73.png

Edited by Swarley

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

Headline from a story in the Daily Record. Why is the team that the deceased supported of any relevance?

image.thumb.png.ea8343b122662a64bf613d82a5616c73.png

About as much relevance as him being Scottish and a footballer - just done to get as many views as possible.

7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

About as much relevance as him being Scottish and a footballer - just done to get as many views as possible.

True. For some reason the Daily Record online always add the word Scot or Scottish to their headlines.

Probably already posted, but why do some folks on P&B answer a question with a question? Why not at least answer the question asked before you ask your question yourself? 

42 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Probably already posted, but why do some folks on P&B answer a question with a question? Why not at least answer the question asked before you ask your question yourself? 

What do you think?

11 hours ago, 2426255 said:

If it was a waiter instead of a waitress he wouldn't be as tormented over the whole episode imo. 

Nail on head. It was a less than petty thing that got on my nerves as a waiter was how much the evolutionary psychological paradigm played out in restaurants. Men would pay 2/3rds of the time and the waitresses would get a larger tip by virtue of their sex. I know this as some of the laziest folk I ever worked with at the restaurant would put in a thoroughly average performance and earn the same as me who would put in regular MOTM displays.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

See also, every single tiktok/reel/short/Snapchat video anyone ever thrusts into your face and demands you watch cos it's absolutely hilarious. 

I've got a few pals from other shores and I'm their sole Scottish pal. The amount of "whit 'ma like?" pish that got thrown my way with a dozen 😂 emojis made me question why the f**k I was friends with them. It's awful stuff.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Yesterday I was behind a guy who did all of this and when he was done he actually went into the shop whilst leaving his car sitting in the only air space and then when he got back into his car he sat on his phone.

Go on, you know you want to!

R3CjlQ.gif

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

See also, every single tiktok/reel/short/Snapchat video anyone ever thrusts into your face and demands you watch cos it's absolutely hilarious. 

110% with you on this, had one of my pals muted on Instagram for months because every single reel he finds funny gets sent 

Ive got it easy though, my other pal is living with him at the moment and he gets followed round the house and shown every video personally 

Every pub/business using the scam Wonka shite thinking they're funny and original, absolutely tragic patter.