Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

26 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I've been watching Cummings being grilled at the COVID enquiry.

Getting really peed off at the studio bloke apologising at length every time a swear word is uttered, thus covering up the questions and answers.  If there's a swear word, just quickly say "apologies for the language" - if they must say anything at all... and move on.

They did it during the Musselburgh-Clyde game last night.

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The sheer number of folk who can't pronounce the word 'Gaelic', even Scots.

Gay-lick, urgh  😒

That said, the people of Greater Glasgow can't seem to pronounce 'definitely' properly, so what chance do we have.

Eta: also my inability to proof-read.

Reported for homophobia.

43 minutes ago, velo army said:

This traffic jam in which I'm sitting between Dundee and Perth. 

Pish.

Shyte place to be stuck. Always felt neither here nor there driving between Perth and Dundee.

M90 felt close to Dunfermline while anywhere past Morrisons in Dundee was the road home to Aberdeen and a beer in the fridge. 

Edited by Stellaboz

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Shyte place to be stuck. Always felt neither here nor there driving between Perth and Dundee.

M90 felt close to Dunfermljne while anywhere past Morrisons in Dundee was the road home to Aberdeen and a beer in the fridge. 

It's dark and rainy too so there was no way of seeing how far the queue was. Just the feeling of moving or not moving (I'm on a bus). It all felt quite purgatorial.

Just passed Kinross now so I'm about an hour away from my salt 'n' sauce slathered tea.

So-called 'county maps' of the UK that treat the Scottish council areas as  counties. 

Keith (the town, formerly part of Banffshire), as one example, has never been part of Morayshire despite now being in the Moray Council area.  There was never an Angus(shire) either, just a Forfarshire until Dundonians decided they didn't want farmers organising their bins for them.