Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I've got Bob Mortimer's Man on a Train across the aisle from me on the train from Inverness to Glasgow and he hasn't stopped wittering about his very boring life at full volume for an hour, with his equally boring wife chipping in when he takes breath. Another idiot passenger is pretending to listen so he won't fucking stop. 

P. S. Found another seat, another few passengers are following my lead. :lol:

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I've got Bob Mortimer's Man on a Train across the aisle from me on the train from Inverness to Glasgow and he hasn't stopped wittering about his very boring life at full volume for an hour, with his equally boring wife chipping in when he takes breath. Another idiot passenger is pretending to listen so he won't fucking stop. 

P. S. Found another seat, another few passengers are following my lead. :lol:

What did I say Roy?

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’m assuming one family done it and posted it on Facebook years ago and from there it has snowballed to the point where everyone has to do it now

Aye that's exactly it, attention seeking. Nothing more, nothing less.

Same goes for that elf on the shelf  bollocks. It has nothing to do with kids supposedly being all excited to get out of bed every morning to see what mischief has been made, and everything to do with needy maw's craving Facebook likes to make up for their vacuous and boring real life personalities.

I'm still completely convinced that ditching social media and all that type of needy 'look at me' pish that goes with it has been my best decision of the year by far. Highly recommended. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Family Christmas pyjamas. 

When did this become a thing?

Same with the Christmas Eve box shite. 

Aye a wholE of bairns getting mountains of shite they’ll hardly look at but hey, let’s give them even more the night before.

twats.

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Same goes for that elf on the shelf  bollocks. It has nothing to do with kids supposedly being all excited to get out of bed every morning to see what mischief has been made, and everything to do with needy maw's craving Facebook likes to make up for their vacuous and boring real life personalities.

I'm still completely convinced that ditching social media and all that type of needy 'look at me' pish that goes with it has been my best decision of the year by far. Highly recommended. 

I have never understood the Elf on the shelf carry on, most folk I see doing it on my Facebook are maws who have too much spare time. A lot of it just looks like a mess they’ll then need to spend time cleaning up after. 

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Unplugged myself from the matrix about 5 years ago now and can't say I've ever had one thing to make me regret it .