Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Big Bobo said:

Nando's in London you order through a QR code. Like yourself I had no idea so I got someone over to show me. Once you suss it out it is easy and quick.

Don't know if all other Nando's are the same as I have only been in that one.

Was it a cheeky one?

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Qr codes on restaurant tables to order and pay.

No, send someone over to take my order. 

As a separate pttgoyn, our reliance on mobile phones for everything 

Had to use it at Edinburgh airport and it was so fucking slow to load. Frustrating when my dad is saying "The bar's just there son, why don't you just order there?"

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I have no idea how they work. My camera doesn't pick them up and I tried downloading an app. I'm much the same as you and prefer human interaction.

Everyone does,  but for some reason we've been sleep walking into this dystopian level of service.

It's the same as the poster that said phoning your broadband provider every 18 months pretending to leave. 

Everything is shit

4 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Everyone does,  but for some reason we've been sleep walking into this dystopian level of service.

It's the same as the poster that said phoning your broadband provider every 18 months pretending to leave. 

Everything is shit

Bookies now. Everything getting put onto betstations. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

I it was a cheeky one for the wife and I. 

I enjoyed the Portugese beer. I cannae mind what it is called.

Really nice beer.

sagres-beer-330ml.jpg

Edited by Big Bobo

2 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Qr codes on restaurant tables to order and pay.

No, send someone over to take my order. 

As a separate pttgoyn, our reliance on mobile phones for everything 

And yet they still try to sneak in a service charge on your bill. Aye that's right I'll fling you an extra 15% despite doing all the work myself.  

8 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

And yet they still try to sneak in a service charge on your bill. Aye that's right I'll fling you an extra 15% despite doing all the work myself.  

Exactly. 

Another quick one

When you're checking in now at the airport it's all automated,  you have to put the destination sticker on your own case.

Im now doing the job of someone you sacked yet my ticket is more expensive. 

Ah, capitalism 

30 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

A restuarant I was at with the missus in Newcastle added a service charge of 15% then when I came to pay by card on the machine it asked if I wanted to leave a tip. F**king chancers.

1 hour ago, Big Bobo said:

Bookies now. Everything getting put onto betstations. 

I read that as babestations 🤦

My pttgoyn about that industry is the casual change of the words betting, gambling or spending to "playing" in their marketing.  " Play £10 and get xxx free spins !!!" " Play hard or play for fun,  play your own way!  "  F*cking scumbags probably used to be the guys that marketed cigarettes as a luxury product or alcohol as a personality enhancer.  

8 hours ago, Big Bobo said:

People that crowd round the exit to a train on the platform blocking the way for passengers to get off. 

This also extends to buses.

Also folk who pile onto public transport as folk getting off. (This may be a bit than a PTTGONY)

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Had that recently with my car insurance when I  changed  vehicle. Entered the new car details in my 'personal online portal', it calculated my new price which I was happy with so clicked proceed. 'Before proceeding please confirm you are happy to pay your updated price plus our standard £15 admin fee'. Fckng admin fee? I've just done it all myself ffs, no other human interaction or work needed ffs!! Dirty, chancing, robbing bassas!!

(According to their blurb this is actually a fantastic saving, because if you choose not to do all the work for them online and phone up to speak to an actual person the admin fee then jumps to £25. And they wonder why everyone is going tonto about extortionate increases to their policy prices this year).

The B&Q website. You search for something and it returns hundreds of results, but once you start looking 99% of the items are not available in store, only online (i.e. from their 'marketplace'). When I look for stuff on B&Q I'm only interested in stuff that I can pop into my local branch and get, and normally immediately rather than tomorrow or the next day. If I'm looking for marketplace stuff I'll go to Amazon.

As a conclusion to the virginmedia issues - not changing. I got an email saying if I renew now then my new contract would be £72. That's £5 cheaper than before and £30 cheaper than what the standard agent wanted me to renew at. Still includes Sky Movies which I wasn't too bothered about but a plus, and I didn't even need to phone retentions - another plus.

15 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Everything is shit

Speak for yourself. 

An app doesn't turn up the second i've stuck o forkfull of steak in my mouth to ask if everything's alright with your meal sir and the self service till doesn't throw tins of beans at my eggs. 

People can f**k off. Cold, emotionless tech every time. 

Sitting in a pub and having lovely cold pints brought to you without moving an inch is tremendous. No waiting at the bar for the p***k in front of you to order 8 cocktails, no groups of wee fannies all paying for a WKD separately, just beautiful hops brought straight to your table with no hassle. A strange thing to be against, IMHO.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sitting in a pub and having lovely cold pints brought to you without moving an inch is tremendous. No waiting at the bar for the p***k in front of you to order 8 cocktails, no groups of wee fannies all paying for a WKD separately, just beautiful hops brought straight to your table with no hassle. A strange thing to be against, IMHO.

I used to be that guy in the pub that ordered online when the bar was heaving and laughing at the the poor sods at the bar. I get on good with the folk that work there and laughed when questioned why I do such a heinous crime and let on I just enjoy flirting with *(insert one of two waitresses names here)*.

The manager called me a fud and made sure he or one of the male bar staff would deliver my pots from there on out. 

I won the battle, the manager won the war.