Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm always shocked by the age of the kids out playing in the street, some not much more than 3/4. The other day one wee boy of about 10 was shouting abuse from a car at another kid, I was horrifed, not nearly as horrifed as I was when I spotted the mother beside him encouraging him. <_<

I was allowed out to play in my street when I was in primary 1 which meant I was 4. I knew to get off the road when a car came and not to speak to strangers wo I was safe enough. Not everyone is a paedo desperate to snatch your children.

I feel sorry for the ones cooped up in their houses by over protective parents.

And another thing, parents these days seem to be putting kids as old as 7 and 8 to bed shortly after dinner time at about 7 or 8pm? What the hell is that all about?

I ran about all day til I was tired, then went to bed when I wanted which was normally about 10pm with no set 'bedtime'. Even relatively early on in primary school this was the case and I was the envy of my firends for it.

Ach, the 44 will be great fun.

The boss has already been told that I'm putting in a half hour flexi update each day of the works.

44 or 66 will do but I prefer the train. I live ridiculously close to Cathcart train station, so I'm just being lazy.

I imagine they're fixing the bit at Pollokshields East maybe, because they keep slowing down near it on arrival because of some sort of work getting done on it just now.

I imagine they're fixing the bit at Pollokshields East maybe, because they keep slowing down near it on arrival because of some sort of work getting done on it just now.

Even though it doesn't add too much time to the journey, it is quite annoying when it slows down and sits there for a couple of minutes before getting to beside the platform.

Even though it doesn't add too much time to the journey, it is quite annoying when it slows down and sits there for a couple of minutes before getting to beside the platform.

I had a uni exam last year and just as it was approaching central, the train decided to stop just next to the platform for about 7/8 minutes. I was shitting myself.

I had a uni exam last year and just as it was approaching central, the train decided to stop just next to the platform for about 7/8 minutes. I was shitting myself.

Aye, I bet you were! I've never had to be at an exam or anything when it happens, but it's frustrating when you're meeting someone at a certain time, and it stalls for a period of time. <_<

44 or 66 will do but I prefer the train. I live ridiculously close to Cathcart train station, so I'm just being lazy.

I'm about 2-3 mins walk from Mount Florida station, so it's a bit of a bummer. The 66 stops on my street wheras the 44 stop is a few minutes away, but I prefer the 44 as it doesn't do a magical mystery tour of the Gorbals and Merchant City.

Feck knows what the problem is at Pollokshields East. I had a nosey out the window a few times. Some of the sleepers look a bit fucked, but there sees to be subsidence between the tracks too.

Tis a pain in the arse, as I'm on Flexi. 2 minutes or so every day soon adds up. :lol:

I've been doing a lot of hillwalking recently and been getting the West Highland line up to Crianlarich, Tyndrum, Bridge of Orchy etc and I am infuriated, yes INFURIATED by the number of stations between Dumbarton and Glasgow. There must be one every half mile.

This annoys me for two reasons. One, I'm sure people could walk, drive or get a bus a mile or two to the nearest station instead of there being one station for every 10 people in the area. Two, I'm convinced half of the places don't even exist. Singer is not a real place.

The Gray Ghosts flatmates had fish for tea. Consequently, the house now stinks of cooked fish and The Gray Ghost is trapped upstairs, waiting for the smell to go away so he can go downstairs without getting the boak. :(

The Gray Ghosts flatmates had fish for tea. Consequently, the house now stinks of cooked fish and The Gray Ghost is trapped upstairs, waiting for the smell to go away so he can go downstairs without getting the boak. :(

shocked :o:o:o:o:o:o:o

see username for details

The politics police on here.

Ooooo, cryptic.

some members start talking about nazis and invading poland when they see me <_<:(:(:(

In fairness, the day your avatar is anything other than a typical Scottish stereotype, then there's reason to complain. ;)

In fairness, the day your avatar is anything other than a typical Scottish stereotype, then there's reason to complain. ;)

that has actually nothing to do with a stereotype

i just like willy, and i also use him as an avatar on other german (!) forums

if it bothers you and reminds you of stupid stereotypes then i can remove it :)