Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

16 hours ago, budmiester1 said:

The use of the word "Super" before every adjective , "oh this is super fun" really boils my piss!!

Aye, it's super annoying right enough. 

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Sitting in the 'quiet' lounge on a ferry, and the quiet is punctuated every few seconds by various people coughing their guts up.

I'm much more aware of this these days. Not sure if it's just me getting older and more easily irritated, but aside from that, it doesn't sound healthy and if it were me I'd be concerned. It's entirely young men in their 20s & 30s.

What bothers me more I think is when they make no attempt to contain whatever they end up doing. Sat at a table on the train? Aye, sneeze all over it mate, no bother. Got a roaring cough? Into the office you go pal.

One of very few positives that could have come from Covid is hopefully a greater awareness by people of even half-arsed public hygiene. Seemingly lasted until about early 2021 at best.

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Mac n' Cheese

There have been multiple occasions whereby I've actually fancied it off the menu, but not ordered it because of the M n' C wording.  Yes, I'm that petty.  Petty, but principled.

First time I heard of (and rejected) a mac and cheese was just under a year ago. I thought it was a cheeseburger. Since then, I've rejected it several times on the basis of it having the wrong name.

On 08/03/2024 at 17:08, DA Baracus said:

Hooray for public transport!

20240308_170554.thumb.jpg.02d68f4325e1e0bf9c1a38d032f87a9d.jpg

I started getting the train home on Friday nights from one job, as there was a 50-50 chance that the bus driver would draw up and tell the crowd, "sorry folks, I'm away back to the depot, some c**t pished/vomited/shat on the floor in here".

Also, surprised that the Club Dece boys haven't been on to own the fact that the "oh my days" thing came from those godawful "reality" shows like TOWIE that they helped spread the argot of. We live in the nightmare of their creation.

19 hours ago, budmiester1 said:

The use of the word "Super" before every adjective , "oh this is super fun" really boils my piss!!

The west end yuppie crowd, women are the worst for it. 🤢 "That's super-helpful", "Thank you so much". 

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, philpy said:

This. It has irked me more than it probably should, but yeah, let's encourage more noisy eating....

20240311_120652.jpg

The egregious thing about that is the grammar.

In China I kept being told off as I wasn't slurping, and that was very impolite.

19 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Mac n' Cheese

There have been multiple occasions whereby I've actually fancied it off the menu, but not ordered it because of the M n' C wording.  Yes, I'm that petty.  Petty, but principled.

My pal orderd Mac N Cheese when we were out once.

I thought he'd ordered a burger not a tin bath full of quick lunch, store cupboard basics. He's a good guy generally, but he went down in my estimation after this.

At least he saved time ordering his food instead of having to go to all the bother of saying Macaroni Cheese....

7 hours ago, 2426255 said:

The west end yuppie crowd, women are the worst for it. 🤢 "That's super-helpful", "Thank you so much". 

Always think this should be said with hands apart to give an idea of 'so much' - close together for just a wee bit more than a normal thank you, hands wide apart for loads more.

19 hours ago, southernrover said:

What bothers me more I think is when they make no attempt to contain whatever they end up doing. Sat at a table on the train? Aye, sneeze all over it mate, no bother. Got a roaring cough? Into the office you go pal.

One of very few positives that could have come from Covid is hopefully a greater awareness by people of even half-arsed public hygiene. Seemingly lasted until about early 2021 at best.

It is 4 years ago this month since the first lockdown. And suddenly hygiene was king, hand washing, mask wearing, sanitising maniacs. if you even looked like sneezing it was enough to cause a panic.

And here we are back to being a nation of predominately manky b*****ds that won't even wash their hands after using the bogs in the pub. It really annoys how quickly the scummy behaviour rose to the surface again.