Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

My money is on @scottsdadhaving f**ked up somehow.

I will now retire to the Platty Club to discuss further with the Pie and Bovril glitterati.

There's already a thread to discuss what punishment will be handed out to Bert Ferrett. 

On 08/08/2024 at 17:33, GordonD said:

Why are plain crisps marketed as 'Ready Salted'? I know the salt used to come in a wee blue twist of paper that you added yourself, until some genius came up with the idea of adding the salt at the factory, which meant they truly were 'ready salted' and people had to know that to  save them hunting for the blue bag that wasn't there. But that was nigh-on sixty years ago so surely people have got the message by now?

Better than this, I wonder if there's an "inedible salt" flavour:

Lay's edible salt - 80g

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Bagpipes being played indoors (music halls excepted, maybe).

I'll add bagpipes being played outdoors to that.

11 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Lay's edible salt - 80g

Heading through to Edinburgh today, fully expecting the Fringe to have brought out countless out of tune chancers hoping dozy Yank tourists, willing to part with their cash at the mere sight of someone in a kilt, will throw them a few sheckles. 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Lay's edible salt - 80g

Edible Salt isnt even the weirdest part.

Showing the evolution of a potato to a crisp is something else.

19 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

McDonalds straws :angry:

A soggy mess in 30 seconds. 

Not fit for purpose. 

Niece is over for visit, and was shocked to find plastic straws…ecstatic too. Just was over and I have to agree the paper straws are minging.

18 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Ads?

15 hours ago, Swarley said:

Petty Things etc etc experienced by Gold Members thread for this pish. 

IMG_0861.jpeg.7113e493f3eb1b0ab6a3d08fd13d7ac4.jpeg

4 hours ago, Venti said:

Edible Salt isnt even the weirdest part.

Showing the evolution of a potato to a crisp is something else.

Were you hoping for immaculate conception?

10 hours ago, philpy said:

Thank f**k I've went away for the weekend.

10 hours ago, Swarley said:

Do you live at the Sports Centre? 

Do you think he’s ever seen the inside of a sports centre?

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

On 02/08/2024 at 21:09, Florentine_Pogen said:

Liar......................

Fleetwood Town do (or did) play this as goal music I am sure. Ordinarily a PTTGOYN but this one is excusable I think.

On 08/08/2024 at 10:22, MEADOWXI said:

The BBC website,

Looking at the scores for last night and fixtures for tonight,

Scores & Fixtures - Football - BBC Sport

image.png.9111e56234fc56069eb501341bdfa420.png

image.png.e614bbd361b5b1e56a6e61fbc43d3406.png

image.png.071c0abb31ae1e5b982a43f277dfdc5a.png

These are all first leg games, what the point of having the agg. score yet And all the games are the same.

The new layout itself is shite. Not sure why it merits badges next to their name. No one was reading them before going "What is Montrose?" But now going "Oh, that team with the shield like badge". Even worse that they don't have a full library of badges!

Had one today - lass in front of me at the station was sorting her tickets before going through the barrier (so far, so good), then proceeded to launch the receipt ticket behind her and walked off through the gate. Literally couldn't shove a credit card sized bit of paper into her bag or pocket or whatever until she passed a bin. Half arsed, grotty b*****ds.

2 hours ago, southernrover said:

Had one today - lass in front of me at the station was sorting her tickets before going through the barrier (so far, so good), then proceeded to launch the receipt ticket behind her and walked off through the gate. Literally couldn't shove a credit card sized bit of paper into her bag or pocket or whatever until she passed a bin. Half arsed, grotty b*****ds.

That's not petty, spot fines for this utter pish.

Seen similar in Dundee; lassie unloaded her paper straw packaging and "mackydee" wrapper on to the ground between two bins that were literally less than 40 feet apart.

When I politely, and I'm being serious about that, asked why they couldn't hold on to the waste for 3 yards got met by getting harrassed back down the street for near 100 yards in the opposite direction than they were going.  So much more effort than putting the waste in the bin in the first place.

I once saw a guy chuck his empty crisp packet out of his car window. I handed it back to him and said, "Here, you dropped this!" By the look on his face he was about to get out and lamp me one but fortunately the traffic lights changed and he had to drive off.

37 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

That's not petty, spot fines for this utter pish.

Seen similar in Dundee; lassie unloaded her paper straw packaging and "mackydee" wrapper on to the ground between two bins that were literally less than 40 feet apart.

When I politely, and I'm being serious about that, asked why they couldn't hold on to the waste for 3 yards got met by getting harrassed back down the street for near 100 yards in the opposite direction than they were going.  So much more effort than putting the waste in the bin in the first place.

Aye, I tried a cheap 'Excuse me, you dropped your ticket' but it fell on deaf ears, but to be honest I probably wouldn't have said anything if the offender looked like they'd give me any bother. Not worth the hassle sadly.