Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

This reminds me of an old wooden garage my dad had. One day I found a tennis ball hanging from a string in it so of course I gave it a few whacks until it came off. I wasn't able to reach where it had been nailed so just tied it round one of the beams close by. 

My dad had measured it so that the ball touched the windscreen of the car when it was far enough in. Wasn't there when he crashed into the back wall of the shed but he was livid!

I did this at a previous house.

My wife came from the garage fuming that she couldn't be trusted to stop  in the right place, so I removed the tennis ball.

The following Sunday I went golfing, picked up the clubs from the back of the garage only to find a bumper shaped bend in my golf cart, it was my turn to be fuming.

You know how folk have those wee pictures of themselves on Teams? I'm in a session now and someone's is her and her baby.

Thankfully my mic was off when I exclaimed and scoffed.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You know how folk have those wee pictures of themselves on Teams? I'm in a session now and someone's is her and her baby.

Thankfully my mic was off when I exclaimed and scoffed.

Its not me is it?

Anyway, my gripe is I need to head to weegieland on Thursday and be at something near Central for 10am.

Train options, get in to Queen street at 0845hrs or 0956hrs.

Shite country.

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Its not me is it?

Anyway, my gripe is I need to head to weegieland on Thursday and be at something near Central for 10am.

Shite country.

I don't think so unless you attended an OPD webinar at 11.00 today? And you're also now a woman.

33 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Its not me is it?

Shite country.

I wasgoing to use the train to go from Stirling to Dunfermline on Saturday for the game. 25 miles. Would have had to use 5 trains taking nearly 4 hours for the round trip costing £20. (going there Stirling to Croy, Croy to Waverley, Waverley to Dunfermline FFS. )

Went by car instead, 30 minutes each way, £11. 

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

And you're also now a woman.

Hang on till I check....Not sure tbh. I'll need to get back to you.

5 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I wasgoing to use the train to go from Stirling to Dunfermline on Saturday for the game. 25 miles. Would have had to use 5 trains taking nearly 4 hours for the round trip costing £20. (going there Stirling to Croy, Croy to Waverley, Waverley to Dunfermline FFS. )

Its madness.

Ive opted for the extra hour in my kip and will be fashionably late (probably run in there sweating like a chip shop window just after 10).

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ive opted for the extra hour in my kip and will be fashionably late (probably run in there sweating like a chip shop window just after 10).

Just get the later one, stick the driver a fiver when you get on and get him to miss out a few stops to shorten the journey time, then you'll even have time to grab a coffee on the 5 min stroll down. Easy.

57 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I did wonder whose turn it was to beat the Pars.

On 12/08/2024 at 15:59, Peil said:

Minor one here, but people are complaining that teachers can now apply for a Blue Light discount card.

I just don't get the upset, it's a discount card, run by a private company. No-one else is losing rights over this, they are expanding it, yet people are going off about how teachers "don't deserve it"

If it was any other discount scheme they wouldn't give a fk

My other half has one from her time working for Scottish Prison Service. She now does admin work in the local hospital and is still entitled to use it.

As you suggest, there's a loose definition of "Blue Light" but there's no reason for folk to go deciding who is and isn't entitled to get one. It also costs a yearly amount just to have but the savings outweigh the initial yearly figure

21 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

This always reminds me of an old maths teacher I had. When doing algebra, if the answer to a question was "7x" and someone only said "7" he'd always respond with "7 what? Bananas?".

Hence whenever I see this menu pricing style I automatically think they want paid in bananas.

Given that x is generally undefined "could be" would be a perfectly acceptable response. 

That said, the maths teachers back in my day were terrifying psychos.

54 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

My other half has one from her time working for Scottish Prison Service. She now does admin work in the local hospital and is still entitled to use it.

As you suggest, there's a loose definition of "Blue Light" but there's no reason for folk to go deciding who is and isn't entitled to get one. It also costs a yearly amount just to have but the savings outweigh the initial yearly figure

Aye, I'm 50 on Friday and get a student discount via the OU. Pay my money and off I go to the confession gate. 

There loads of these schemes around, in fact Totum even do one for 'professionals' if anyone is that bothered about 15% off at boots

11 hours ago, Peil said:

Aye, I'm 50 on Friday and get a student discount via the OU. Pay my money and off I go to the confession gate

There loads of these schemes around, in fact Totum even do one for 'professionals' if anyone is that bothered about 15% off at boots

Big team found.

On 15/07/2024 at 08:42, The Naitch said:

Spent 10 hours in Hairmyres A&E last night after not being able to catch my breath for the best part of 3 days.

Back again - don't get old kids!

Hopefully it's not another 10 hours this time.

19 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Back again - don't get old kids!

Hopefully it's not another 10 hours this time.

Sakes man. Have you been looking at the NSFW forum again? Get well soon.