Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 22/08/2024 at 18:23, Cosmic Joe said:

I can mind when Blockbusters went bust. Went to return a video and the place was shut, no warning.

Got to keep the video. Cannae mind what it was.

Was probably shite.

Happened to me with a kilt at Falkirk Kilts, think I sold it in the yellow paper.

I'm another one for the fork in the right hand and never swapping it. Also when I'm in my own house I tend to just cut everything up in the kitchen and the knife doesn't need to leave the room (to get lost down the back of couch). For people who hand the knife back "unused"... why take it out the drawer? It's probably gonna get washed for being out anyway.
Ex was one for cutting everything with the side of her fork. Unsure if she had the co-ordination to use both hands at the same time. Didn't work too well as everything just kinda slid around the plate whilst she tore things apart.
Daughter insists on eating nearly everything with a spoon.

23 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

I'm another one for the fork in the right hand and never swapping it. Also when I'm in my own house I tend to just cut everything up in the kitchen and the knife doesn't need to leave the room (to get lost down the back of couch). For people who hand the knife back "unused"... why take it out the drawer? It's probably gonna get washed for being out anyway.
Ex was one for cutting everything with the side of her fork. Unsure if she had the co-ordination to use both hands at the same time. Didn't work too well as everything just kinda slid around the plate whilst she tore things apart.

Why don’t you eat at a table. Would be better for your digestion.

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Using a knife and fork properly should be a basic parental duty. Maybe we need to add it to the school curriculum.

Take all of the woke shit off the curriculum and replace it with how to use cutlery, roll cigarettes and drive cars instead.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Take all of the woke shit off the curriculum and replace it with how to use cutlery, roll cigarettes and drive cars instead.

I used to be able to roll a cigarette one handed while driving a car. Taught myself, none of this nanny state pish. 

11 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Tbf, I've seen myself take a knife and fork then ending up managing with just a fork. Normally it's with things such as chicken strips where I end up deciding just to eat around the fork. 

Often use a spoon as well, usually with Chinese food. Though I've started taking a liking to using chopsticks so the spoon could become redundant soon. 

10 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Using a knife and fork properly should be a basic parental duty. Maybe we need to add it to the school curriculum.

I'm all for this, if you can give the kids a logical reason why it should be fork in left hand (Remember we've gone over how any idiot can cut using their weaker hand as knives are actually sharp nowadays and we're not living in Victorian times). You're up! 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tbf, I've seen myself take a knife and fork then ending up managing with just a fork. Normally it's with things such as chicken strips where I end up deciding just to eat around the fork. 

Often use a spoon as well, usually with Chinese food. Though I've started taking a liking to using chopsticks so the spoon could become redundant soon. 

I'm all for this, if you can give the kids a logical reason why it should be fork in left hand (Remember we've gone over how any idiot can cut using their weaker hand as knives are actually sharp nowadays and we're not living in Victorian times). You're up! 

Some people have grown up food to deal with and  not just chicken strips. The fork needs to be less mobile to hold food than the knife does to saw, chop, push, prise or press. 

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think an adult who is admitting to using a spoon to eat Chinese food is best placed to pontificate about teaching children how to use cutlery 🤣

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

Some people have grown up food to deal with and  not just chicken strips. The fork needs to be less mobile to hold food than the knife does to saw, chop, push, prise or press. 

Not if you're capable of doing all that with your weaker hand. 

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

I don't think an adult who is admitting to using a spoon to eat Chinese food is best placed to pontificate about teaching children how to use cutlery 🤣

What's wrong with using that? You get more rice on a spoon than you do a fork. Far better utensil for the job. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tbf, I've seen myself take a knife and fork then ending up managing with just a fork. Normally it's with things such as chicken strips where I end up deciding just eating around the fork

What a picture you paint of modern life. You sitting there in your shorts with a whole turkey twizzler on your fork biting your way around it.

Was school good today?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So let me get this right. A spoon is better than a fork but chopsticks are better than a spoon?

Spoon is better for rice. Chopsticks are better for noodles (and anything else I have from the Chinese tbh). 

55 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What a picture you paint of modern life. You sitting there in your shorts with a whole turkey twizzler on your fork biting your way around it.

Was school good today?

You've still not answered my question.