N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Not sure if this thread is the best place for this, but I'll give it a bash anyway...

Heading to New York in April, and fancy taking in an ice hockey game between the NY Rangers and Florida Panthers on the 21st of April.

I've had a look online for tickets, having been told that pretty much every Rangers game at Madison Square Garden is a sell-out and the only way to get tickets is via a re-seller. I've found some on a website by the name of ticket city, anyone else ever used it? Giving me tickets for $89, and from what I can see this is about the cheapest I could find, is that about right or would that be a rip-off?

Last time I went I got to a Rangers vs Devils game at MSG and I'm fairly sure we got the tickets from the Garden itself. I think we may have bought them online first but we definitely went there to pick them up so it must have been from the Rangers/MSG website we bought them I think.

Not much help but it's all I know!

Not sure if this thread is the best place for this, but I'll give it a bash anyway...

Heading to New York in April, and fancy taking in an ice hockey game between the NY Rangers and Florida Panthers on the 21st of April.

I've had a look online for tickets, having been told that pretty much every Rangers game at Madison Square Garden is a sell-out and the only way to get tickets is via a re-seller. I've found some on a website by the name of ticket city, anyone else ever used it? Giving me tickets for $89, and from what I can see this is about the cheapest I could find, is that about right or would that be a rip-off?

Never used ticket city, but I've used stubhub a lot in the past and although the prices have gone up since the elimination of seemingly every coupon, they're definitely reliable. A lot of the tickets are instant download and print. If it's your first game try to go for lower bowl tickets. I was always an upper bowl guy until I actually had a bit of money and would find it very hard to go back up. You also can try ebay or the local craigslist ads.

Also just wanted to post this gif, because hockey.

ZGGeVbD.gif

Isles are getting Tavares, or Hedman, but I reckon they'd be crazy to go with the latter, Tavares will be the best player in the NHL within 5 years.

Just remembered making this prediction, pretty insane. Think I under appreciated Mr Crosby back in the day but Tavares is getting close to second best at the moment.

Another puckhead here. GO SENS. Quite surprised by the Sens start to the (half) season and quietly optimistic that, barring injury to Alfie, we could have a good run.

Visited family in canada last week and was taken to my first NHL game. Sens vs NY Rangers. Some show they put on. Game finished 2-2 and the Sens won an epic shootout!

I must be good fortune for them. Before I went out they had just lost 2 of their star players to injury, but now they are on a 5 game winning streak. Definitely considering a subscription to premier Sports as I have caught the hockey bug!

Not sure if this thread is the best place for this, but I'll give it a bash anyway...<br /> <br />Heading to New York in April, and fancy taking in an ice hockey game between the NY Rangers and Florida Panthers on the 21st of April.<br /> <br />I've had a look online for tickets, having been told that pretty much every Rangers game at Madison Square Garden is a sell-out and the only way to get tickets is via a re-seller. I've found some on a website by the name of ticket city, anyone else ever used it? Giving me tickets for $89, and from what I can see this is about the cheapest I could find, is that about right or would that be a rip-off?<br />

<br /><br />You can get tickets a few days before a game. That's what I did. I bought $100 tickets, which were the second most expensive seats. They were on the half way line, mid way up. Brilliant seats.

Its changed from 6 divisions to 4, thats the main change. It will please Winnipeg, being in the South East division wasn't helping them much!!

Im still fairly new to NHL, so I don't see the problem with it. I assume that Chicago and Detroit will be annoyed to split up their rivalry?

Its changed from 6 divisions to 4, thats the main change. It will please Winnipeg, being in the South East division wasn't helping them much!!

Im still fairly new to NHL, so I don't see the problem with it. I assume that Chicago and Detroit will be annoyed to split up their rivalry?

Detroit had big rivalries with both Chicago and St. Louis so it's a shame to see them gone, but at the same time it allows for development in the traditional Chicago-St. Louis rivalry (which exists across several sports) too.

Traditionally though, Toronto vs Detroit was a massive match so I think both of those teams will be happy to see each other again.

Traditionally though, Toronto vs Detroit was a massive match so I think both of those teams will be happy to see each other again.

True. hard to keep everyone happy I guess, but it might just expand the number of rivalries in the East division compared to the west. I can't get excited about much in the West at all.

Ottawa v Tampa game was odd earlier. 4 goals in 7 minutes at the end of the first and the end of the 3rd. 5-3 to Ottawa in the end. We are keeping in those playoff spots despite the injuries :D