P&b Running Club

Did the Edinburgh parkrun this morning, first 3km I was on for a PB of around 25 minutes, then i had a shin splints attack and limped the final 2km slower than the last leg of the half marathon last week.

I think j wasn't used to the higher pace at the Parkrun compared to my training for the half marathon. Hopefully regular attendance and pace work will stop any further splints.

I've been picked to do the London marathon for charity, more concerned about raising £4k than the race itself.

Starting to build my distance now, 12.5 miles today in 1:49 which I am more than happy with, just got to add a mile a week to my big run and see how the old body holds up.

This is the furthest I've run in my puff, 10 miles being the longest run I had done previously.

I had been working towards a 40 minute 10k and had got to 41:20, but will just need to leave that and concentrate on distance rather than times from now on.

It's going to be a long winter of training ahead.

I've been picked to do the London marathon for charity, more concerned about raising £4k than the race itself.

Starting to build my distance now, 12.5 miles today in 1:49 which I am more than happy with, just got to add a mile a week to my big run and see how the old body holds up.

This is the furthest I've run in my puff, 10 miles being the longest run I had done previously.

I had been working towards a 40 minute 10k and had got to 41:20, but will just need to leave that and concentrate on distance rather than times from now on.

It's going to be a long winter of training ahead.

Enjoy it. The race itself is am incredible experience.

It's a bloody long way though.

I did the Callander 5k this morning and I won!

My age category.

Out of 2 in that category.

Falkirk parkrun?

If so then I won there my only time there. Really enjoyed the course, but a bit of me doesn't want to go back for fear of losing my 100% win percentage lol.

3 hours ago, BishyTON said:

Falkirk parkrun?

If so then I won there my only time there. Really enjoyed the course, but a bit of me doesn't want to go back for fear of losing my 100% win percentage lol.

No, Callander the town rather than Callander Park.  It's really a 10k with a 5k tacked on for schoolboys, middle aged women and men whose legs are still sore from running 2 days before.  Two of the schoolboys beat me. 

Anyone heard if they've got a place in the London Marathon ballot?

Not yet.

Seemingly if you click the unsubscribe link on any London email and see 'VLM 2017 e zine' on the list, you're getting an email rejection this week. That only accounts for half of the rejections though, so don't get too excited if it isn't there.

It was for me, so looks like I'm out.

London's fairly cheap, as it goes. Cheaper than Edinburgh, I'm sure.

The fleece is an optional extra, in the same way you could donate your entry fee for an extra ballot opportunity - not that I took them up on that.

Not heard officially yet.