P&b Running Club

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 21:40, true_rover said:

Back from Dublin and my first marathon over the weekend. The target was 3:20 and for nearly 20 miles was bang on it. Hadn't really felt any pain until I got to the top of the hill to get to the 20 mile mark when I got cramp in both legs. The remainder of the race was a mix of running a bit, stopping to stretch and then walking for a minute, apart from the last km - knowing that me crossing the line was automatically being posted to Facebook was a great encouragement to cross the line running! - to finish in 3:41.

Still pretty happy with getting through it and Dublin is a superb place to run. The crowd support all the way round was incredible - at some parts was so loud that you could barely hear yourself think!

Cracking effort. At least you know how to tackle 'the wall' if you go for another.

Been frustrated with a bad foot all week, but did manage a second crack at Elgin PR and dipped below 26 so not in too bad a nick. Keep forgetting how hard it is to stay motivated when the calendar is so empty...

29 mins. Was really hard to stay at that pace - I was chatting to people along the route and would get a bit carried away and be running too fast, so had to slow down to compensate. I hit 5k at bang on 29 mins, so ended up being 10 seconds over as the course is slightly long. First time I've been a pacer, but enjoyed doing it. Nice not to be going hell for leather.

I wrote a post that's vanished...bah. Let's try again.

I ran the Southside Six last week. Have to say, although the legs weren't happy with it a week after Snowdonia, I enjoyed the event. The marshals were great, the weather was decent, and I didn't get lost! I consider that a success. Happy to finish in under 2 hours, too.

Took advantage of the feed afterwards. Love a post-race buffet.

The parkrun this morning qas faster than it felt, but I'm not sure the Bella 10k will be too special tomorrow. We'll see!

I wrote a post that's vanished...bah. Let's try again.

I ran the Southside Six last week. Have to say, although the legs weren't happy with it a week after Snowdonia, I enjoyed the event. The marshals were great, the weather was decent, and I didn't get lost! I consider that a success. Happy to finish in under 2 hours, too.

Took advantage of the feed afterwards. Love a post-race buffet.

The parkrun this morning qas faster than it felt, but I'm not sure the Bella 10k will be too special tomorrow. We'll see!

I'm heading up for the Bella 10k this morning. Looks a fast course. Hoping for a pb south of 45 but Friday nights session is still hanging about... will see. Not sure if the 12 start is good or not so. I think in my recovery state it's not bad.

That's gutting guys, both so close!

I probably won't help in saying this, tigerton, but today was my 2nd sub-40, surprising myself with a 39:38. Kms 1-7 got progressively slower before I somehow pulled it back for 8-10.

Agreed on the course, serbo. Much better day for it than last year, too, by all accounts!

That's gutting guys, both so close!

I probably won't help in saying this, tigerton, but today was my 2nd sub-40, surprising myself with a 39:38. Kms 1-7 got progressively slower before I somehow pulled it back for 8-10.

Agreed on the course, serbo. Much better day for it than last year, too, by all accounts!

Had a wee look at your strava and it was close, we must have been neck and neck for 4 miles, but my 5th mile was awful. The fast start caught up with me!

I'll probably need to work on pre race diet as I am constantly getting stitches recently.

I'm not so sure about the course. Yes it's flat and has a good downhill start, but so many hairpin bends and the stretch out on the road you have to do twice can drag. But very well organised and I'll definitely be back [emoji16]

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I'm about to go out for a run in 36 degrees heat. No idea what I'm hoping to achieve but I'm interested to see how long I last.

I'll give it 10 minutes.

Are you still alive? Give us two rings to let us know you're safe!

I wasn't there myself, but there seems to be a bit of a stramash on the Linwood Parkrun Facebook page from Saturday's event. Basically, the 1st place finisher (who was in the 11-14 age bracket) got a course record. In 4th place, someone managed to shave around 10 minutes off their normal time. Turns out they were both "canicrossers" and were running with their dogs. As someone who has run with a friend's dog before (a daschund... hardly the most manly of dogs to run with!), they definitely do help (if they don't get distracted, like mine did ... nearly decapitated the poor thing when he saw his girlfriend and ran off to say hello). People were complaining that their times shouldn't count, other people were saying they should. Some comments were deleted which probably didn't help. As a compromise, their result is now recorded beside "Cani - fit" running club and doesn't seem to count towards the course record. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Are you still alive? Give us two rings to let us know you're safe!

I think I'm still alive. I lasted about 15 minutes and had to head back. I had my hydration pack on but the water in the tube was roasting within seconds so I had to spit that out until the cold water came through. 

I've been totally knacked since I came back but I was doing sprints yesterday so it could be that. Or sunstroke.