P&b Running Club

Getting out on Sunday for my first post-baby run! It's incredibly sad how excited I am about this... Worried about how unfit I'll be. Was thinking of starting around week. 3 of the couch to 5k programme.

Wee bit of speed training this morning, at the square up the top of a local hill. From end to end it works out around 140 metres, which I went at full pelt, then had a slow jog round the rest until I was back at my starting point. 1st 4 lengths felt good, but the remaining 6 were torture, on the last one I struggled to cover half the length before walking to the end. Will keep at it. Going to try and get out for 2 longish runs each week(7.5 to 10k) plus the sprinting once a week. Want to try and get under 45 minutes for a 10k this year, my best at the moment is around the 48 minute mark.

Just in from watching us get beat by Hibs, feeling pretty drained. Now have a three hour drive to Glenlivet for the 10k tomorrow.

Not expecting great things, at the moment I would happily stay in bed all day tomorrow.

How did you get on, Disco?

Horrible weather for it yesterday. Ran the Rock 'n' Roll half a couple of minutes slower than my Berlin time, but waited for 1hr 15 to pick up my bag afterwards. The organisation was really poor - you'd think there'd never been a windy day in Scotland before. Still, they've made the right noises on the facebook page to the feedback. It's a great course so I hope they sort it out.

Edit: My left knee and foot are in bits today. Running shoes staying off for a while now, I think.

Edited by morrison

Women's 10k in 4 weeks.<br /><br />4.5 miles yesterday, very hilly route so pollok park is holding no fears for me these days. Every run I do has a big hill in it these days so looking forward to running on some flat! <br /><br />Sent from my LT18i using Pie & Bovril mobile app<br /><br />

Thighs a bit sore after yesterday's run. Had a bit of an achy pelvis yesterday which I suppose is to be expected 6 weeks post c-section, but it's fine today. Hope to get out again tomorrow.

Anyone on here up on their gadgets?

Up until now I've planned my routes beforehand, ran with my cheap stopwatch and worked out overall bits and pieces afterwards, but I'd like to try mixing things up a bit but lack the technology to monitor pace/distance as I go beyond a basic feel. The price of even the cheapest Garmins frighten the life out of me - is there anything out there that will do something close at a more sensible price? I may well be being entirely unreasonable with these demands.

Can only suggest the garmins as thats what I use. Great bit of kit. Think I have the 410. Small USB plugs into the laptop and when it's in range of the watch it downloads all the info you could ever need. There is also a heart rate monitor that straps to your chest but iv never used it. Some folk I know use phone apps like run keeper but obviously you need the smart phone and data signal/GPS for it to work.<br />

Anyone on here up on their gadgets?

Up until now I've planned my routes beforehand, ran with my cheap stopwatch and worked out overall bits and pieces afterwards, but I'd like to try mixing things up a bit but lack the technology to monitor pace/distance as I go beyond a basic feel. The price of even the cheapest Garmins frighten the life out of me - is there anything out there that will do something close at a more sensible price? I may well be being entirely unreasonable with these demands.

I know people that used to use an iphone app called Runometer (or something like that).

But my advice would be get a Garmin with a heart rate monitor. I just got the basic one, I think it cost about £100 and it was worth every penny.

I know people that used to use an iphone app called Runometer (or something like that).

But my advice would be get a Garmin with a heart rate monitor. I just got the basic one, I think it cost about £100 and it was worth every penny.

This!

I'm a bit of a technophobe, having only got (as a hand-me-down, of course) my first smartphone a couple of months ago. Installed the Mapmyrun app only find out my phone doesn't have GPS! I've landed a second phone to try, GPS definitely included.

Something to distract me while my foot continues to recover from Sunday's run...

Took part in the trial run for the Tollcross parkrun that is one tough course with ten hills and little flat beats Falkirk as the toughest parkrun I've done. First time I've been out running since the Grangemouth 10km.

First Tollcross parkrun on 4th May so will be doing some hill runs before then.