P&b Running Club

After reading on here I have decided to enter the Loch Ness marathon! Damn you all! ;)

Excellent - remember the race is the easy part!

I hope so. Half marathon in Edinburgh in may so this Loch Ness one will keep me running after it!

HA! My thoughts had turned to Loch Ness after Boston and London being on the TV. Then I came onto the thread and saw all the chat. My finger was hovering....

I think I'll stick with the Half in Glasgow in oct and incorporate that into training for a 2014 marathon.

Hopefull London - ballot opens 29th of April.......

HA! My thoughts had turned to Loch Ness after Boston and London being on the TV. Then I came onto the thread and saw all the chat. My finger was hovering.... I think I'll stick with the Half in Glasgow in oct and incorporate that into training for a 2014 marathon. Hopefull London - ballot opens 29th of April.......

I'm still hoping that they will have some kind of commonwealth marathon in Glasgow to test the route

I'm still hoping that they will have some kind of commonwealth marathon in Glasgow to test the route

Remember somebody saying that they are changing the Glasgow half to the route that will be used for the commonwealth marathon so they'll be testing the first 13 miles if its true.

A commonwealth marathon would be fantastic. I've entered the Great Scottish Run, and got my technical t-shirt through the post yesterday - a pretty smart navy blue.

All this talk of Loch Ness...I'm thinking of doing this next year. Was tempted to enter the 10k since it's the weekend before the GSR but I've entered my first marathon for early November and it won't really fit in any training plan.

Should manage out tomorrow for some interval action, my first run for 10 days. I think my knee/foot have had enough time off, but I'll soon find out.

Excellent - remember the race is the easy part!

Couldn't agree more.

I just had to defer my entry for the London Marathon until next year due to injury.

I don't know if I'll even be fit for Edinburgh.

Yip I think it must be the same for every amateur runner. Watch the VLM and you want to be part of it. Iv still to convince myself to go for it. Going to apply for VLM as I did last year and take it from there.

Ran 12 miles in 1:27:30 on the treadmill tonight. Rather fatigued now.

Young_bairn, I am going to buy a Garmin GPS and had been looking at the 410. The only thing that has put me off is I hear alot of bad reports about the bezel. The watch is now down to £132 on amazon and the features for that price look excellent. Have you had any problems?

Sorry just seen this. Iv no problems with the bezel unless im wearing gloves. I tend not to switch between modes when im running anyway. I think it's a good bit if kit for the price.

Probably mentioned somewhere in the 108 pages of this thread but could anyone recommend any good running apps for an Android phone? With the weather starting to improve I've started to head back down to Glasgow Green for a few jogs but I'd obviously like to track my progress.

I've got the Nike+ app at the moment but guessing there's a few better ones out there?

Probably mentioned somewhere in the 108 pages of this thread but could anyone recommend any good running apps for an Android phone? With the weather starting to improve I've started to head back down to Glasgow Green for a few jogs but I'd obviously like to track my progress.

I've got the Nike+ app at the moment but guessing there's a few better ones out there?

It is on the previous page!!!

Cheers, I've decided to start with RunKeeper as it seems quite good and has loads of workout plans/schedules. Will also be handy to use offshore for the treadmill as you can do everything manually because other apps can only work with GPS.

Edited by staggy4life

Cheers, I've decided to start with RunKeeper as it seems quite good and has loads of workout plans/schedules. Will also be handy to use offshore for the treadmill as you can do everything manually because other apps can only work with GPS.

Good choice ;)

First day using the RunKeeper app and it's quite good although slightly out with the distance but I'll blame the GPS for that.

Going to do 5k around Glasgow Green every day until I'm back offshore and see how I get on.

BIx63kfCIAIaHix.png

So playing football last night and this happened, looks like the marathon will be touch and go now!post-7531-0-33588000-1366964413_thumb.jp

Ooft that looks a bit swollen...Finished week 2 of couch to 5k last night, feeling strong. Will start week 3 on Sunday. Don't feel sore the next day anymore, so my muscles must be getting used to it again. Good. Won't be long before I am chasing PBs again. There's a big 5k in Aberdeen in August that I've got my eye on, and was half thinking of entering the race for life in Inverness...

Anyone else at the Balfron 10K today? Quite a tough course. First 3K downhill with a good wind behind us. Great stuff....unfortunately its an out and back run. so last 3K were tough. Nice run though.

Booked a space on the penicuik 10k a week on saturday. Looks like a beast.

http://penicuikharriers.org.uk/10k-road-race/