P&b Running Club

mixed emotions for me this week at the parkrun , almost certain I ran a pb and possibly under my target time of sub 24 mins , trouble is there has been a glitch somewhere and all the times got messed up so about 30 people were given the time of 24.45 ,me being one of them. :(

will be bringing the phone in future.

On a brighter note I have been chosen by our local parkrun commttee for the monthly prize of a brand new pair of trainers at sweatshop,thanks to me being there every week almost and volunteering a lot. Free running shoes...result! :thumsup2

First part is a gutter, but it more than made up for by new shoes mate imo!

Did my first serious training run for the half marathon, timed it as 59:20, bit slower than the run I did the other day but it was a more difficult course.

Beating Mo Farah's pb in a training run - impressive!

After tying my Tollcross pb last week (18'33"), I finally got my first course pb since the start of October this morning - 18'26" - at the very same course. Delighted with that as legs felt heavy. The hard training is really starting to pay off!

Edited by BishyTON

Finished the Run Garioch 1/2 in 2:11:47 this afternoon despite near constant rain (which stopped within 5 minutes of me finishing, hah) - my first race proper since the ill fated Loch Ness adventure. Perfectly paced on a tricky course that had an obscene number of hills in the second half.

Looooooooong hot bath. :)

Finished the Run Garioch 1/2 in 2:11:47 this afternoon despite near constant rain (which stopped within 5 minutes of me finishing, hah) - my first race proper since the ill fated Loch Ness adventure. Perfectly paced on a tricky course that had an obscene number of hills in the second half.

Looooooooong hot bath. :)

Good running mate.

Well done the three of you, smiles all round! Hoping to make it along to Kirkcaldy Parkrun at some point in the next few weeks too.

Got an 18-mile run out of the way yesterday, including a tempo-paced 5k at Edinburgh Parkrun. It felt odd not trying to run people down at the finish and letting others come by! Three weeks to Paris, so it's taper time. Phew.

Well done folks, some good stuff there this weekend. Surely I can't be the only one feeling sick at the thought of a quickish run the morning after 9 pints as mentioned a few posts up though!

I had the indignity today of having to quit on a long run, and having to walk home - first time that's happened. The intention was 17 miles, but I got to 13 and just felt absolutely done. Head bursting due to dehydration, and no energy either from not having eaten enough - not a nice feeling. Totally preventable though, and maybe what I needed to make me take more care about eating and drinking properly. I guess you can't get away with it so much when you get up to these sorts of distances.

As well as that, I finished my run yesterday surprised to findblood dripping from the side of my head - I'd caught my ear on a thorn bush while squeezing past a cyclist going the other way. There's certainly been better weekends!

Done the 10k at loch katrine this morning in 44:25. Had hoped for a bit faster but it's a pb by about 30 seconds over a pretty tough undulating couse. Finished in the first 10 for the first time, so I'm pleased with that. Really good wee event; excellent atmosphere and scenery. Might go for the HM next year.

Rome marathon last weekend - finished in 3:31:51. A PB by just over 31 minutes. This was my second marathon, the first being 31 years ago in Glasgow.

The cobbles were a bit of a nightmare; only about 10k of them but it seemed so much more.

The original plan was for this to be my last marathon.. however, I now am planning a quartet next year; Barcelona, Rome, Paris and London = four in six weeks..

The easy bit will be running them, got to get entries first!

Edited by Am Muilleach

Victoria Parkrun for me this morning. Been targeting 10k this year so it was my first real go at 5k this year. Got round in 20:34 taking almost a mintue and a half from my previous best. Set the goal of a sub 20 minute 5k for this year so that's pretty good progress towards that.