P&b Running Club

I aint that fussed about all the its not a race its a run stuff. if you want it be a race then knock yerself out.

If you come along a week in saturday *hopefully* this will co-incide with our 1st attempt at a pacers week (assuming the bibs arrive!)

There is a points competition based on finishing position and your times affect your RunBritain ranking => it is a race imo.

Anything that is timed is a race in my book tbh though.

If you come along a week in saturday *hopefully* this will co-incide with our 1st attempt at a pacers week (assuming the bibs arrive!)

BTW I am thinking about doing the Doon the River 10k on 01/03. I will let you know if I sign up because I would be happy to be a 25 min (or slower) pacer if I do.

BTW I am thinking about doing the Doon the River 10k on 01/03. I will let you know if I sign up because I would be happy to be a 25 min (or slower) pacer if I do.

Yeah thats sort of why I'm doing it that weekend - then ask to those doing down by the river to come and take a pacer vest much slower than they would normally run. Looking forward to both events.

I DEMAND you go to Tollcross ;) We're just so damn sexy there.

BTW, where's the second one in Edinburgh. I know about Elgin and Portree but not a 2nd Edinburgh one.

GC, your passionate cry wins the day; I'll head for Tollcross. Maybe see yourself and BishyTON there! Hills...sure, why not.

Bully Wee's right with the second Edinburgh Parkrun, it's to be Figgate Park in Portobello.

Can be but not if you don't use South shields metro and take a service bus from near Chicester (sp?) metro, bus 27.

I was looking at taking the organised buses that go out and back on the day, but a 5:30 start from Edinburgh :blink: and the hanging around afterward puts me off. That's reassuring enough to be worth a shot though, cheers.

GC, your passionate cry wins the day; I'll head for Tollcross. Maybe see yourself and BishyTON there! Hills...sure, why not.

Yeah I will be there. I should be easy enough to identify as I will be wearing a Parkrun 100 club jacket.

Excellent stuff. I'll likely be in a sky blueish t-shirt, and more easily spotted because I'll be turning up with a backpack full of stuff you don't need for running.

Disappointing news on the bribery, I guess I'll just have to up my game!

Well done on an excellent 6th place Morrison. Good running. And a second place for BishyTon :thumsup2

Yep well done Morrison - it was good to meet you this morning.

That is three straight 'normal' course second places at Tollcross for me - surely I am due a win around there soon lol!

Time was four seconds slower than last week, but conditions being not as good and some slight course alterations due to ice were the cause of that as I felt stronger than last week.

Edinburgh parkrun for me yesterday - 20:07 for my fastest time of the year so far, despite it being a bit frosty and running the second half with one lace undone! There was a group of us from work and everyone ran well - several PBs in there!

Long run this morning (fortunately mostly before the rain started), covered just over 9 miles at the 8 min/mile pace I was planning (for once!). Finally feeling like I've got myself going for the year.

Edinburgh parkrun for me yesterday - 20:07 for my fastest time of the year so far, despite it being a bit frosty and running the second half with one lace undone! There was a group of us from work and everyone ran well - several PBs in there!

Long run this morning (fortunately mostly before the rain started), covered just over 9 miles at the 8 min/mile pace I was planning (for once!). Finally feeling like I've got myself going for the year.

Bloody hell. I was there as well and also ran the return bit with my lace undone struggling (and failing) to get under 25 minutes. It's a small world :) And I nearly went on my arse thanks to the frost.

Bloody hell. I was there as well and also ran the return bit with my lace undone struggling (and failing) to get under 25 minutes. It's a small world :) And I nearly went on my arse thanks to the frost.

I had my lace loose yesterday for the last 1/1.5km or so. was doing my head in but I was too close to the end to stop and sort it!

Slow 9 minutish mile 14 miler this morning in the rain. Note to self : Baldies need hats in rain.

I had my lace loose yesterday for the last 1/1.5km or so. was doing my head in but I was too close to the end to stop and sort it!

Slow 9 minutish mile 14 miler this morning in the rain. Note to self : Baldies need hats in rain.

True. It's also a nightmare if you wear glasses.

I'm doing the Resolution 10km at Crammond week today. Haven't done an organised run since getting 36:55 for a four miler last August. I'm aiming for an hour. My training has been a bit haphazard, I've just tried to bang in runs where I can and haven't really been timing them. I ran what must've been about 9km yesterday, I've got no doubts that i'll be be OK doing it, just want a decent time.

Well done on an excellent 6th place Morrison. Good running. And a second place for BishyTon :thumsup2

Yep well done Morrison - it was good to meet you this morning.

That is three straight 'normal' course second places at Tollcross for me - surely I am due a win around there soon lol!

Time was four seconds slower than last week, but conditions being not as good and some slight course alterations due to ice were the cause of that as I felt stronger than last week.

Cheers guys, it was good to meet you both. That was a really challenging course so I'm delighted with that - beats my 16th places at Falkirk and Inverness, and my quickest time since November. Must be getting closer to some good form. Really enjoyed it. That guy in front of you must've been on steroids, Bishy; I refuse to believe anyone can go that quickly after so many ups (and I'm boggled enough at your pace!).

Well done everyone for their efforts this weekend. I've been in a couple of hours from a 12 mile effort that caught the worst of the wind/rain in the later part. It was bloody horrible...and as I type, it's now sunny and looks just perfect :thumbsdown

ICTChris - I did the 10k Resolution run in Kirkcaldy last year and there were no official times given, so you better have your watch on you if you're after a time! Sounds like you'll be fine for the distance, and going by your 4-miler it'll be close to the hour. Training going well?

Ran the Strathaven half marathon as part of my London marathon build-up this morning. Wind, snow, wind, sleet, wind, slush, wind, rain and wind. Very exposed to the elements throughout the whole race and the first half is a steady incline then into a strong wind with slippy ground conditions for a good couple of miles in the second part of the race.

Despite missing the official start (chipped race) I managed to finish 14th in 1:31:42 - I reckon I would've been comfortably under 90 minutes if it wasn't for the weather conditions (I was on pace to do so even with the uphill first half of the race). Managed to finish very strongly and nobody passed me during the whole race (partly because I started 45 seconds behind the gun). I'll put this down as character building towards my London marathon training.

Some good efforts this weekend from the folk posting above - good stuff.

Finally I managed a long run at my intended 8 min/mile pace without going too fast today. I was lucky in that the rain had pretty much stopped by the time I went out, but the wind was still utterly brutal at points and it certainy wasn't a pleasant afternoon for a long run. I managed just over 17 miles, and the thing I'm enjoying most about these distances is that it's possible to get well out of the town and onto wee country roads; it makes a nice change form the well-worn routes around the town that are the ony option at night in the dark. The downside is that some of hte hills on these roads are pretty nasty! According to the site I use to plan my routes, there was about 350m of climbing in that route.

That will be my longest run for a few weeks, as I'm doing the Inverness half on 8th March. I really enjoyed the race last year and had one of my best runs. My time last year was just over 1:32 and I'm much fitter this year than last, so hoping to get under the 90 miute mark for the first time.

Kenzie, that's some effort!

Socks, I'll be in Inverness too, though I expect I'll be trailing you by a few minutes. Hoping to take down my own PB from 1:34.

Gaz; had a look at Grangemouth, but sadly I'll be running in Paris that day