P&b Running Club

Great stuff Ark, that's a big PB!

My weekend started by volunteering at the local Parkrun before heading out for 15k in the afternoon, running with a friend for 10 of those. Today's run was just short of HM distance, my longest run for a couple of months. About half of it was slightly quicker than my goal marathon pace for April, the rest fairly easy. But not easy enough really, I'm terrible at sticking to LSR pace when I'm out on my own.

Committing to doing the meadows marathon 10k for my first ever running event. Managed to get my PB down to 41.09 just running around the Meadows. If I could learn to pace myself properly hopefully I can bring it under 40 minutes.

Great stuff Ark, that's a big PB!

My weekend started by volunteering at the local Parkrun before heading out for 15k in the afternoon, running with a friend for 10 of those. Today's run was just short of HM distance, my longest run for a couple of months. About half of it was slightly quicker than my goal marathon pace for April, the rest fairly easy. But not easy enough really, I'm terrible at sticking to LSR pace when I'm out on my own.

Come out running with me some time then, I'll slow your pace right down :lol:

Same with me as well, although I've been a bit better at this so far this year. I've been doing a fairly tough run on Saturdays before my longer one on Sundays, and the tiredness in the muscles from the previous day does help quite a bit in preventing me from going too fast on Sundays.

I did half marathon distance yesterday, for the first time since September. It was OK, although the sweat was dripping off by the end due to a combination of the waterproof jacket I had on and the much milder temperature. It'll be interesting to see how the next few weeks go, because any time I've tried pushing distance up past 12-13 miles in the past, I've always ended up with a cold. If I manage the 14 miles I have planned for next Sunday I should be OK, so these next few weeks will almost certainly tell me whether I'll manage a marathon or not.

done it as well with a slightly dissapointing 48.31

Found the way out had a bit of a headwind too, although it was partly across us, made for a decent 5-8 kms after half way turn though. As you say when you came round the long curve with 2 to go the wind got you good as it was right along the line of the muddy track. Overall its a good we event - i done it last year too.

Liked the mug.

Done Buchlyvie 10k on Saturday. Took 2 minutes off my old pb with a time of 44:54 (not run a 10k for about a year though). Happy enough with the run and it give me an idea of where I'm at since I'm planning on doing a good few 10ks this year. Quite a quick course although quite exposed - a nasty headwind with a couple of kms to go made it quite tough toward the end - and pretty wet and muddy for the most part. Getting a mug instead of a medal was a nice touch. At least I'll get some use out that.

Any strava users on here?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/4708117?utm_source=top-nav

Give me a folow and I'll follow back.

Boghead - I don't believe you ;) Nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with the pacing on the longer runs. Will be trying again on Sunday...

In the meantime, 6x2 min intervals tonight. Maybe doesn't sound like much, but need to start somewhere as I try to gain back some of the lost speed over the last couple of months. Shattered tonight!

Not really any better at pacing for me today. I wanted to do it at 8 mins/mile or slightly slower, but in the end it was about 7:45 pace for 14 miles. It just feels really boring to run slower than whatever feels natural on the day, and I also find that I notice any temporary niggles far more when I'm going slow.

I knew I was going a bit too fast while I was out as well, but it was such a beautiful afternoon and I was really enjoying being out doing a new and scenic route, so I just carried on with what felt good. I don't imagine it will do me too much harm, but it is a bit annoying to continue to struggle with pacing on longer runs. Ach well, always next week...

Equaled my PB at Pollok Park this morning (18:58), I went out much more controlled than ever before and maintained an even pace throughout instead of hanging in there towards the end like I normally do. I'd also say I'm not as fit as I was when I last ran that time, I'll need to try this controlled running stuff more often (which I really struggle to do as I always push myself too much too early).

Well done guys! It was a decent running morning for the first time in a while (albeit still really cold), so times are starting to go in the right direction :)

Either best or equal best 5k for me since Great Scottish Run. Ran at Victoria Park and got round in 17'57"/17'58" or so. Really pleased with that as I have had a head cold the last couple of days.

Started to run at Glasgow Green with a group consisting of a mixture of clubs doing intervals and the super tough competition (in addition to the intervals and long runs I have been doing with Nike since the summer) already is making a difference I think!

Great running the three of you, terrific stuff. I was way off mine today but still my quickest in nearly 3 months. It's coming back, slowly...

Socks - I know how you feel about the pacing, and I'm the same with the niggles seeming worse at that speed. I have, however, found the answer; head out with a slower runner! 18 miles planned for tomorrow, around 9 of which will be with said runner.

Got into the GNR through the ballot - well chuffed!

Any recommendations for accomodation?

Ditto.

I've booked a hotel out past Whitley Bay but expect that there will be cancellations on the like so keeping an ear to the ground to get something closer to the Toon.

Also signed up for the Speyside ultra three weeks before it, first shot at anything over 26.2.... :unsure2: