The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Never thought I would care so much about T20 but really got caught up in this tournament. Fantastic entertainment. Just a gutting way to finish.

Thinking about the year England have had though. From such a drab World Cup, to winning the Ashes, beating South Africa away and getting to the World T20 final. It's been good.

Buzzing for the summer now and proper cricket returning.

Quality icc move as per to make this tournament every 4 years now.

I'm still a Test is best guy, but this tournament is my favourite cricket event as it actually means something compared to say an England vs New Zealand 2 match series and unlike the 50 over version it doesn't go on for 3 months.

I'm still a Test is best guy, but this tournament is my favourite cricket event as it actually means something compared to say an England vs New Zealand 2 match series and unlike the 50 over version it doesn't go on for 3 months.

This.

It was a cracking tournament. I still think it's a pale imitation of baseball and would rather watch every day of a five test series, but I really enjoyed the T20 World Cup.

Its a bit odd, I'll happily have the radio on for all five days of a test match but when it comes to actually sitting down to watch its T20 pretty much every time.

That final over from Brathwaite though....oooft. 

Finished work with Windies on 107/6.

Decided not to listen to the climax on the drive home - prob'ly just as well as I'd no doubt have ended up in a ditch somewhere along the M77.

I don't like cricket - I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by btb

Gutted for Stokes but he's got a lot of good days ahead of him. What a player Joe Root is - has to be the most complete cricketer on the planet right now. Looked like both teams were trying to Hibs it for most of the game but Brathwaite won it and won it well.

There'll be some shagging going on at the West Indies perty tonight lol.

Gutted for Stokes but he's got a lot of good days ahead of him. What a player Joe Root is - has to be the most complete cricketer on the planet right now. Looked like both teams were trying to Hibs it for most of the game but Brathwaite won it and won it well.

There'll be some shagging going on at the West Indies perty tonight lol.

Brathwaite's four sixes must be the equivalent of anti-Hibsing it. What a way to win.

Stokes must be gutted.....it was great hitting but helped by where stokes was bowling it. Thought Jordan had won it tbf

To be cynical, switch that around with Stokes bowling a tight penultimate over and Jordan getting bashed all over the place in the last. Would there be as much sympathy for Jordan as Stokes is currently getting?

I never rated Stokes as a death bowler and I thought Willey should have gotten the last over after way he bowled previously. Still isn't as bad as India going with a spinner and Virat Kohli to finish. 

Marlon Samuels had an incredible knock, he just lives for the big time, good to see him call out Warne like that. Warne was speaking through gritted teeth during that innings. Darren Sammy's commments after the game showed how much of an acheivement it was for them to win considerig all the ominshambles behind the scenes.

Firstly, I want to thank the almighty. We have a pastor in the team - Andre Fletcher, who kept praying. Really happy with this win and this is something that we will cherish for a long time. I was serious hitting from Brathwaite. It said before that we have 15 match winners in the side. Every game somebody took responsibility. To see him play like that in his debut World Cup was amazing. Hopefully, with the right structure and development, we'll get better in ODIs and Tests as well. (Nasser Hussain asks Sammy to compare this win with the 2012 victory. Sammy says, "Nass, do you really want me to tell you, okay." And the speech starts) We started our journey. We all know what we had. People were wondering whether we would play this tournament. We had a lot of issues and we felt disrespected by our board. Mark Nicholas described our team as a team of 'no brains.' All these things just before the tournament brought this team together. I want to really thank these 15 men with. The ability to put all those adversity aside and to come out and play this type of cricket in front of such passionate fans... it's just tremendous. I personally also want to thank the coaching staff. Coach Phil (Simmons). He's been through a lot. To come here and the way he's coached this team.. he's just brilliant. All the other coaching staff who have done their part. We had a new manager in this tournament in Rawl Lewis, who has never managed any team before. He came here. We had a camp in Dubai. We had no uniforms. No printing. He left Dubai, went to Kolkata.. that's where we started. The trouble he went through to get us in this uniform.. I got to give credit to the entire team here. It was us in our own little circle. We dedicate this win to all the fans in the Caribbean... (Sammy becomes a bit emotional). And lastly I want to find the heads Caricom. Throughout this tournament they have been supporting the team. We have got emails, we have got calls. Prime Minister Mitchell, I know what he's trying to do. I really want to thank him and he sent a very inspiring message to the team this morning... and we are yet to hear from our own cricket board and that is very disappointing. For today, I am going to celebrate with these 15 men and this coaching staff. I don't when I am going to be playing with these guys again, because we don't get selected for one-day cricket. We don't know when we are going to be playing T20s. So this win.. I want to thank you my team. I want to thank you coaching staff. Everybody in the West Indies are champion"