The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Jofra is to miss the second test after having to have an injection in his elbow after feeling some discomfort. I guess this raises the possibility of Broad and Anderson both playing.
If Jimmy and Broad are playing then I'd expect Stokes to bowl more overs than in the first test. He brings the aggression that Broad and Anderson lack. He'll be able to get it up around the chin of the Indians and unsettle them.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Jofra is to miss the second test after having to have an injection in his elbow after feeling some discomfort. I guess this raises the possibility of Broad and Anderson both playing.

He is absolutely going to end up getting surgery on his elbow. Whether its bone spurs, or something more serious, you can tell he’s straining it every time he bowls. 

Anderson, Archer and Bess out; Woakes or Stone, Broad and Ali in.   Along with Foakes in for Buttler, it’s pretty much a test of England’s strength in depth. 

Leach and Bess could both count themselves lucky and unlucky respectively.  

Anderson, Archer and Bess out; Woakes or Stone, Broad and Ali in.   Along with Foakes in for Buttler, it’s pretty much a test of England’s strength in depth. 

Leach and Bess could both count themselves lucky and unlucky respectively.  
Interestingly the spin bowling is improved and the seam options are significantly weakened. Not that Woakes or Broad are bad, they're both good, I just don't think the Indian subcontinent is where either shine

19 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Superb ton by Rohit Sharma. One of the highlights of the morning was the look of bewilderment on Kohli's face when Moeen bowled him for a big fat 0.

India 150-3, no swing for the bowlers so far.

This is looking like a match deciding innings from Rohit, the size of the cracks on that pitch for the 1st day are a nonsense. Going to be an absolute bunsen by the 4th day so England will need to chew up a lot of overs in their reply to force the draw.