The Cricket Thread

bewlay

On 10/08/2023 at 19:00, craigiemack said:

Reports in the Telegraph saying that the Netherlands are hoping to be included in the restructered t20 blast and one day cup. If this creates an extra space you'd like to think that the Saltires could be revived to compete aswell. 

Please let this be true!🙏

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Probably showing myself as being an ignorant fucker but how are these deliveries from khan not being called as throws?

Because the arm is straight. As long as the arm is above the perpendicular and doesn’t straighten by more than 15 degrees it’s fine. 

England have destroyed the Kiwis in the two T20s this week. They won the first one by 7 wickets chasing 144 with 36 balls to spare, then last night batted first and scored 198-4 before skittling NZ for 103 inside 14 overs.

Edited by peasy23

Brydon Carse took 4 wickets on debut in the first game, and Gus Atkinson did the same in the second. Exciting to see another couple of express pace options for England to break.

In domestic cricket, it’s the final week of the season. League wrapped up last week, today is the grand final between East champions Grange and west champions Ayr, taking place at Forfarshire’s Forthill in Broughty Ferry. Tomorrow is the rearranged T20 Scottish Cup final between Forfarshire and Carlton, taking place at Stirling’s New Williamfield. Forfs are looking to complete the cup double for the second year in a row. Only other game of importance this weekend is the playoff for promotion to the Eastern Premier League between SPCU champions Arbroath and ESCA champions Edinburgh South, that one taking place at Falkland’s Scroggie Park. 

I see the Scotland women's team are playing in a T20 World Cup Qualifying tournament this week with The Netherlands, France and Italy. Defeated Italy handily yesterday and in action against the Netherlands just now.

Edit: Lost to The Netherlands.

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Dearie me. 

NZ are a good side, and there will always be the odd game where you get rolled no matter what, but this England side looks like a shambles and has gone steadily downhill since Eoin Morgan patched it.

An unbeaten 95 off 78 balls from Liam Livingstone, assisted by handy innings of 30, 33 and 42 from Buttler, Ali and Curran respectively, dragged England up to 226/7 from the rain reduced 34 overs. In reply, NZ are currently 140/8 from 25.4. England should win from here with ease. 

52 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Does anybody else find Kumar Sangakkara really annoying? 

I love him on comms, I’ve got to say. Particularly when he goes in to technical detail, I find him absolutely fascinating. Him, Broad and Simon Doull are great additions to the commentary team, imo.