The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Can’t ask for much more than that. Big boost to the NRR there. We really could send England home in this. 

Given that bowlers have half a chance for once, this is a magnificent tournament. The Aussies really could send out Travis Head & David Warner for 4 overs each & send us through.

Brilliant batting performance, I think i posted about it last year but McMullen really is a class talent, his 96 v Italy is one of the best innings I've ever seen. Getting it in 13.1 overs is some going too, I was worried we would make sure of the win and get there with an over or two to go. Looks like we've learned from the WI game in last years 50 over qualifying where we walked across the line with 7 wickets left chasing 180 which resulted in the Dutch having a much easier task in the last game.

All the pressure on England now, I'd expect them to hammer Oman but maybe Namibia might be able to keep the game close. 

Having googled the weather for the remaining games I don't think we're going to get any favours but you never know. 

England play their two remaining games before we play Australia so we'll know whether we can get through with a defeat and if so by how much before we start. 

13 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Having googled the weather for the remaining games I don't think we're going to get any favours but you never know. 

England play their two remaining games before we play Australia so we'll know whether we can get through with a defeat and if so by how much before we start. 

Australia bowl first, let Warner open the bowling and allow us to get a decent target. Australia then set about slowly chipping away, hitting the winning run in 19.5 overs. Job done. 

Very plausible that Scotland and Australia go into their final group game knowing that a Scotland defeat within a certain margin would see both go through and knock England out. Could be fun

— Ben Gardner (@Ben_Wisden) June 8, 2024

Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

On 09/06/2024 at 21:18, craigiemack said:

Brilliant batting performance, I think i posted about it last year but McMullen really is a class talent, his 96 v Italy is one of the best innings I've ever seen. Getting it in 13.1 overs is some going too, I was worried we would make sure of the win and get there with an over or two to go. Looks like we've learned from the WI game in last years 50 over qualifying where we walked across the line with 7 wickets left chasing 180 which resulted in the Dutch having a much easier task in the last game.

All the pressure on England now, I'd expect them to hammer Oman but maybe Namibia might be able to keep the game close. 

Rather odd/ stalkerish question but are you playing in Dundee at the moment, may have been having a bowl for your 2s in the DD5 area last week? ;)

The advent of Frogbox in the domestic game is going to really rattle some houses. Some mental umpiring decisions at all levels coming to light… 

It’ll either go a way to improving umpiring standards or drive umpires who are paid very little to give up their Saturdays & Sundays away from the game.

That said, there have also been some great moments, see Drumpellier’s amateur hitting a maximum off the penultimate ball against Stenhousemuir to win, then drop to his knees in celebration. Anything that gets it up Stenny is a great think right enough.

1 hour ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

The advent of Frogbox in the domestic game is going to really rattle some houses. Some mental umpiring decisions at all levels coming to light… 

It’ll either go a way to improving umpiring standards or drive umpires who are paid very little to give up their Saturdays & Sundays away from the game.

That said, there have also been some great moments, see Drumpellier’s amateur hitting a maximum off the penultimate ball against Stenhousemuir to win, then drop to his knees in celebration. Anything that gets it up Stenny is a great think right enough.

This one has caused a lot of chat, certainly. It’s a poor decision from the umpire as it’s clearly a dead ball, but it’s also piss poor from Falkland appealing for it in the first place, never mind the shite afterwards. Not a good look for the game at all. 

On 11/06/2024 at 09:37, SimonLichtie said:

Rather odd/ stalkerish question but are you playing in Dundee at the moment, may have been having a bowl for your 2s in the DD5 area last week? ;)

Haha yeah I play for DHSFPs. I played for Stenhousemuir when I was junior but gave up when I moved up here for uni. Only started playing again last year after almost 10 years away, athough had a few run outs for Forfarshire 2s/3s during COVID.  If its the Forfarshire v DHSFP 20 over game you're on about then yes I was the one getting tonked about towards the end, although that same batter was dropped off my last ball of my previous over 🤣. I despise the introduction of frogbox as its now recorded forever haha. Hopefully you're on about my match winning 4/10 against freuchie 2s the previous saturday however😉