The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Decided not to shave my moustache area for the past few weeks just to see what it would look like (and if, in fact, I could actually grow a moustache), looking at myself in the mirror right now I've just realised I look an awful lot like David Warner.

I'm going to go shave.

By extension that means you resemble Hitler. Stick with it, I say. Means you can a guarantee a four seater to yourself on the train.

Hampshire's match with Glamorgan at the SWALEC called off because of an unplayable pitch.

Glamorgan hit 182-9 from their 50 before the match was abandoned in the seventh over following both Hants opening batsmen being struck in the helmet from length. Hants were 26-0 at the time.

Apparently the pitch was "too dry".

Four minutes or so of my highlights from Birmingham -

includes WIND, RAIN!!!, my finger at one point, the opening ball of the game, some top wankering of Mitchell J (at around 2:30) in the final afternoon and the last 3 scoring shots.

Its shakey and seemingly filmed from Manchester but wtf, what a 3 days that was.

An amazing 3 days, Finn and Anderson were immense and had good back up from Broad whilst the Aussie bowling attack only had Mitchell J in any sort of form and his main back up was Lyon who put in a good shift.

Starc, Voges and Clarke were dreadful for the visitors and I cant see Clarke going past this series in the team. They would have been screwed in 2 days if it hadnt been for Warner (2nd) and Rogers (1st) putting in decent efforts at the top of each innings. Rogers in the afternoon of Day 1 as player after player went out to daft shots was a sight to behold.

That made up for seeing the rodgering at Headingley in 2009, which took roughly the same time. Now just need to go to Oz and see them get destroyed to make up for 2013.

Glorious glorious stuff. I was actually wandering round Tesco earlier still going MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTCHELLLLLLLLLLLLLL :thumsup2:thumsup2

Four minutes or so of my highlights from Birmingham -

includes WIND, RAIN!!!, my finger at one point, the opening ball of the game, some top wankering of Mitchell J (at around 2:30) in the final afternoon and the last 3 scoring shots.

Thanks for posting. Mr Johnson actually seemed to have been affected by the crowd. Unusual seeing as he is one of the best bowlers.....

Thanks for posting. Mr Johnson actually seemed to have been affected by the crowd. Unusual seeing as he is one of the best bowlers.....

There's long been the suggestion that he's more than a little flakey. For a while he was basically what they call a side arm pitcher in baseball, and when he was out of kilter, boy was he wild.

He seemed to show a bit more of a sense of humour in Birmingham, to his credit.