The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Posted (edited)

That's a brilliant result for Scotland given their record against Namibia. They didn't panic and backed themselves to wait for the right time rather than try and hit the cover off the wrong ball. Leask outstanding and anyone who clocks a 100m+ 6 will do for me. Table confirms that Scotland will still be in a qualifying position after Saturday. Would be funny as f**k if we went through and England went home - unlikely though that is. 

Edit - Fucking it up against Oman will not - repeat not - be funny.

Edited by HTG

17 minutes ago, HTG said:

That's a brilliant result for Scotland given their record against Namibia. They didn't panic and backed themselves to wait for the right time rather than try and hit the cover off the wrong ball. Leask outstanding and anyone who clocks a 100m+ 6 will do for me. Table confirms that Scotland will still be in a qualifying position after Saturday. Would be funny as f**k if we went through and England went home - unlikely though that is. 

Edit - Fucking it up against Oman will not - repeat not - be funny.

Aye, still very unlikely we qualify as I would think Englands NRR would be far superior to ours against Oman and Namibia even if they get a pumping from Australia. Still though, hope England lose on Saturday, we win on Sunday and you have absolutely nothing to lose against Australia and you never know what could happen.

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Aye, still very unlikely we qualify as I would think Englands NRR would be far superior to ours against Oman and Namibia even if they get a pumping from Australia. Still though, hope England lose on Saturday, we win on Sunday and you have absolutely nothing to lose against Australia and you never know what could happen.

In those circumstances a washout in the SCO v AUS game would do the job.

On one hand this doesn't look encouraging for Scotland being able to spring an upset against Australia, but England's NRR may be quite nasty after this.

Anyway let's hope Scotland can get a good win against Oman today to boost the run rate.

One would imagine that England should be comfortable against Oman and Namibia. 

I doubt that Scotland are likely to spring an upset against Australia in the final group game unfortunately.