The Cricket Thread

bewlay

14 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I've always wondered how top level cricketers would get on in absolutely normal, typical Scottish cricketing conditions, and so far they don't look all that comfortable.

I’d love to see them on a proper club cricket deck, as well as the weather. A soft, thatchy, uncovered track would be a great leveller. 

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I’d love to see them on a proper club cricket deck, as well as the weather. A soft, thatchy, uncovered track would be a great leveller. 

Golf divot on a length, and dug shite at silly mid-off.

I remember turning up for a game at Lochee Park, to find there was a patch of daisies just short of a good length on off-stump. Game still went ahead.

Edited by Boo Khaki

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Golf divot on a length, and dug shite at silly mid-off.

I remember turning up for a game at Lochee Park, to find there was a patch of daisies just short of a good length on off-stump. Game still went ahead.

Same for both sides, get on with it imo. It’s sad that there are no public park pitches left in Dundee these days. 

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Was thinking the other day that as lovely a ground as The Grange is, it’s just too small for International Cricket when all the grandstands and hospitality tents are up.

The only logical conclusion is to take the big international matches to, Coatbridge… see how Head, Inglis, Stoinis get on at a spongy Langloan.

On 07/09/2024 at 12:58, Sir Tarmo said:

Back to the good old days, an old fashioned England collapse

Today's was far worse. 82-7 before Smith hit 67 from 50 to help get the target for Sri Lanka up to 219. They've started well and are 36-0 and have been fairly untroubled so far.

Smith may have played the winning knock. Nissanka is going really well, but Karunaratne, who has had a woeful series, is out. Sri Lanka need one of their top order to go with Nissanka here, can’t always rely on DDS and Kamindu to dig them out of a hole.

1 hour ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Nissanka and Mendis both racing along here. Target could be below 100 by the close. England’s perfect 6-0 is at risk here.

England must have been delighted that play was stopped early.

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

England must have been delighted that play was stopped early.

Will probably end 5-1 now but been a good summer overall despite 6-0 really being the expectation. Atkinson and Smith have been real finds and look as if they could be in the side the best part of the next decade if fit. I’ve said it before but I really like Olly Stone and I think England need to make sure he gets to Australia in 18 months time. I do have some reservations over the top 3 batsmen and Shoaib Bashir but I imagine the current regime will stick with them and back them.