The Cricket Thread

bewlay

The worst possible news. Thoughts with his family and with Sean Abbott.

I hope that they have the right support in place to help Abbott through this. He has done absolutely nothing wrong but will still be full of "what ifs", where the ball struck Phil Hughes was a tragic, horrible fluke and you really do feel for Abbott.

I know a couple of folk who have been involved in fatal accidents and even now, years later, they still have nightmares about them, even though they were blameless.

I hope that they have the right support in place to help Abbott through this. He has done absolutely nothing wrong but will still be full of "what ifs", where the ball struck Phil Hughes was a tragic, horrible fluke and you really do feel for Abbott.

I know a couple of folk who have been involved in fatal accidents and even now, years later, they still have nightmares about them, even though they were blameless.

A freak, freak accident. From reports on Talksport, they were saying he was being offered counselling.

I have seen a lot of support from him on social media too, but I really cant begin to imagine how he feels.

I really feel for the guy. Just awful.

A freak, freak accident. From reports on Talksport, they were saying he was being offered counselling.

I have seen a lot of support from him on social media too, but I really cant begin to imagine how he feels.

I really feel for the guy. Just awful.

Definitely a freak accident. At the press conference the doctors said there had only been 100 previously recorded with only 1 cricket related.

Don't have the slightest interest in cricket. But it's always tragic when someone loses their life, especially in a freak accident. Thoughts with his family and friends, and especially Sean Abbott. Can't imagine what he's going through right now