The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Adelaide Strikers walloped Melbourne Stars by 8 wickets in 12.3 overs despite Kevin Pietersen scoring 66 for the Stars in his BBL debut. Tim Ludeman made 92 no in 44 balls with half century in 18 balls. Over 27,000 at Adelaide Oval for the first Game of the series. Bit further north on Day 2 of 2nd Test in Brisbane John Hazlewood takes 5/68 on debut, India all out for 408, Phil Hughes Test number and Brad Haddin takes 6 catches to equal the Australian Test record held by Wally Grout, Rod Marsh and Ian Healy.

Eoin Morgan to captain England at the World Cup according to Sky.

Morgans is in just as bad form as Cook.

Cook is not a bad player, in fact he is one of the best opening batsmen England have had, the hounding he has had by the pro Pietersen mob has been ridiculous.

If I was going to pick a 1 day captain. I'd have went for Joe Root.

Morgans is in just as bad form as Cook.

Cook is not a bad player, in fact he is one of the best opening batsmen England have had, the hounding he has had by the pro Pietersen mob has been ridiculous.

If I was going to pick a 1 day captain. I'd have went for Joe Root.

Cook is a great test batsman but he's not that great at one day cricket even when he is playing well. Morgan is in dreadful form but at least when he does play well he suits one dayers.

I'd also have picked Root, for what its worth.

Cook had never been a good one day batsman imo. Mike Selvey has argued that it was tinkering with his one day technique that contributed to his poor Test form.

Best decision for all concerned, just could've been handled a lot, lot, better.

Cook had never been a good one day batsman imo. Mike Selvey has argued that it was tinkering with his one day technique that contributed to his poor Test form.

Best decision for all concerned, just could've been handled a lot, lot, better.

I'd agree with him tbh. Cook was superb for the Test side for years and he was the master at playing long innings for England. They then try to shoe horn him in as opener for the shorter games and obviously try to get him to score more quickly, that then crept in to his Test play, the amount of times he got out in the last year or so wafting at something outside off stump was incredible.

Bit if a fizzer for NZ on 2nd Day v Sri Lanka after the run fest and Brendan McCallum's 197 yesterday, losing the last 3 wickets for only 12. Sri Lanka now 2/13 after 7 oves. Might keep watching this one instead of Australia-India.

Fourth Test in Sydney and Dave Warner hits a single to make 63 then crossing to the adjacent strip to kiss the spot where Phil Hughes was hit. After lunch Warner scores his firts century at the SCG then he was out for 101. Rogers just been bowled on 95. 2/204. Watson & Smith both on 0.