Official P&b Cycling Thread

Look like a good buy

I assume they have different beam / fixed / flashing options ?

Yep have had an older version of them for a few years, but they were getting a bit worn. Hi, low and flashing beams plus you can run on one or two. Got them so I have something really bright for getting caught by the light on the way back through the back roads.

Yep have had an older version of them for a few years, but they were getting a bit worn. Hi, low and flashing beams plus you can run on one or two. Got them so I have something really bright for getting caught by the light on the way back through the back roads.

Might treat myself to a set of these at that price as I'm a bit disappointed with the Catseye one I bought a couple of years ago

Altura jackets now in at Leckies

Just picked mine up.

He has 2,000 of these in stock now, so even if you don't live in the Falkirk area, maybe worth coming across if not too far away.

The cheapest I can still find these at is £126.

They're selling for £39 and in red, blue and black and an absolutely brilliant buy and as far as I know , bought direct (as overstocks) from Altura.

If you're travelling any distance and want to check before hand re availability, the shop number is 01324 621942.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-varium-jacket/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&utm_source=pla&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=uk&kpid=5360576415

Cheers

PS....Grow up WOP you insignificant w**k-stain

Had a near death experience yesterday. Was coming down a steeping hill nearing 30mph, not crazy but a fair lick none the less when a car on the other side decided to suddenly overtake the car in front. Missed me by fractions and I had no road to my left to work with so its was a thousandth of a second to make a decision weather to bail off into the hedges or hold the line and pray to any relevant deity. Long time since I have been shaking from something that happened on a bike.

Told a friend of mine whose mother is a vicar in a rural parish and she said that her mother had had quite a few road side accidents while in funeral cortèges with the thundercuts overtaking and ending up hitting pedestrians and other road users.

Had a near death experience yesterday. Was coming down a steeping hill nearing 30mph, not crazy but a fair lick none the less when a car on the other side decided to suddenly overtake the car in front. Missed me by fractions and I had no road to my left to work with so its was a thousandth of a second to make a decision weather to bail off into the hedges or hold the line and pray to any relevant deity. Long time since I have been shaking from something that happened on a bike.

Told a friend of mine whose mother is a vicar in a rural parish and she said that her mother had had quite a few road side accidents while in funeral cortèges with the thundercuts overtaking and ending up hitting pedestrians and other road users.

Glad to hear you're ok mate

A few fucking lunatic drivers out there

I think this is a reasonable stance to take on the cyclist/car debate:

http://www.thefootdown.co.uk/2012/12/04/motorists-cyclists-fucking-idiots/

I am sick to death of all this bullshit in the media about ‘the war between cyclists and motorists‘, what a pile of crap.

There is no war, there are just two groups of fucking idiots on the roads, fucking motoristsand fucking cyclists and they are both as fucking stupid as each other. Humans are not as clever as they think they are, the vast majority have next to no common sense and only care about themselves, these people drive fucking cars and ride fucking bikes.

On the road the car is king, try and get that into your thick head, stop complaining about cars and buses and white van men and accept that no matter how many articles the hi-vis wearing reporters for The Guardian write that is not going to change any time soon. If you’re going to cycle then get used the fact that you are going to be sharing the road with thousands of fucking idiots driving enormous skullcrushing death machines.

When you ride on the road it’s your responsibility to make yourself as safe as possible, this is not done by wearing a bright neon vest and a useless plastic helmet, you make yourself safe by taking the lane and making drivers wait when you decide they need to wait, if you get squished up against a curb by a motorist the chances are that it’s because you are riding your bike like a fucking idiot. You are very much cycling within the law when you take the lane for your own safety, you may piss some people off but I’d much rather some p***k get out of his silver Clio at the lights and try and punch me than be crushed to death because we are both using the road like fucking idiots.

Here are some tips to stop you cycling like a fucking idiot

Curbs, stay well clear
Unless you are sure, wait
Never switch off, stay alert
Take the lane!

And if you’re a motorist try these ones…

Take a chill pill, you’re waiting a few seconds
When in doubt, wait
Always give 3ft
Think before you act

Seriously, if people keep going on about this so called war I swear I am going to scream, drivers just need to calm down a bit and cyclists need to stop riding like pussies. Fucking idiots, both.

Just picked mine up.

He has 2,000 of these in stock now, so even if you don't live in the Falkirk area, maybe worth coming across if not too far away.

The cheapest I can still find these at is £126.

They're selling for £39 and in red, blue and black and an absolutely brilliant buy and as far as I know , bought direct (as overstocks) from Altura.

If you're travelling any distance and want to check before hand re availability, the shop number is 01324 621942.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-varium-jacket/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&utm_source=pla&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=uk&kpid=5360576415

Cheers

PS....Grow up WOP you insignificant w**k-stain

Tested this out on our club run yesterday, as did about another 8 of the guys!.

Although it wasn't that cold, the insulation on these jackets is impressive and I cycled all day yesterday with this and only a thin base layer/ body armour underneath it.

Zipped side vents mean you can let some fresh air in if you want to and generous back pocket for carrying all your bits and bobs and peanut butter sandwiches if required! .

To be honest, I was so impressed with the jacket, I went to the shop today to buy another in a different colour.

Anyone on there looking for a great piece of cycling clothing, either for themselves or as a gift, this is really a bargain not to be missed