Golfers Thread

Gaz

44 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Collin Morikawa is also an extremely likeable young man. I’ll find it difficult to hurl abuse at him during the Ryder Cup

29 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Incredibly annoying that Morikawa seems like such a sound c**t as well. I really wanted to find something to dislike about him. 

Don't panic lads they will pair him with Deroidbeau 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Incredibly annoying that Morikawa seems like such a sound c**t as well. I really wanted to find something to dislike about him. 

I admit I googled to see if there was anything cunty about him but seems not. Top drawer guy

Had Oosthuizen, Rahm and Bob on the bets so a productive week but decided against morikawa after watching him last Sunday and just reckoned that he maybe wasn’t suited to links just yet but the boy is class, absolutely class.

Apart from all the obvious plus points from a top 10 finish for Bob, he also moved up 3 spots on the Ryder Cup World points list, leaving him just 2 places away from automatically qualifying.

Hopefully he can find some form now and keep moving up, but you would hope that if he is just outside, the fact that he keeps performing in the big events and his WGC Matchplay display earlier in the year can get him a captain's pick.

He had slipped to 53rd on the OWGR but he is now back up to 48th.

14 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Apart from all the obvious plus points from a top 10 finish for Bob, he also moved up 3 spots on the Ryder Cup World points list, leaving him just 2 places away from automatically qualifying.

Hopefully he can find some form now and keep moving up, but you would hope that if he is just outside, the fact that he keeps performing in the big events and his WGC Matchplay display earlier in the year can get him a captain's pick.

He had slipped to 53rd on the OWGR but he is now back up to 48th.

I read some comments from Harrington yesterday suggesting his 3 picks would be experienced players and any rookies would need to play their way on to the team. 

MacIntyre is playing on the US tour this week then the next WGC event a couple of weeks later. He's going to need to show up well in those events to have a chance. 

I think he's now very close to securing his playing rights for the PGA tour also. 

13 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Some great golf over the past 4 days and a worthy winner in Colin M.

Royal St George's is such a boring, featureless golf course, I'll be more than happy to see it back at the home of golf next year.

Are you having a laugh?  St George's is magnificent, the Old Course is utter shite. A goat track, glorified pitch and putt which is so short and easy they use tees from other courses and have to put pins on the side of hills to stop people shooting 55. The Old Course is utter shit, not even top thousnd golf courses in the British Isles. There is one good hole, 11, and that's it. 

I know for a fact Lee Westwood called St Andrews "not even in the top 100 courses in Fife". Its utter utter utter utter shit. St Georges is light years better.

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Its just a fact, everyone that actually knows golf knows the Old Course is utter shite. Its not even the fifth best course in St Andrews

It's not a fact though is it ?

Is the Old Course becoming obsolete thanks to the modern golfer and his equipment ? Yes. Does it rely on the weather as it's main defence more than any other on the Open rota ? Yes. Are there a few boring, dogshit holes ? Yes.

None of this detracts from it's influence on thousands of courses and holes across the world, just because much of the strategy has been neutralized due to modern equipment.

You also think that Augusta National is a "clown course", therefore I'm perfectly willing to fire any opinions you have on course design or architecture directly into the bin.

I read some comments from Harrington yesterday suggesting his 3 picks would be experienced players and any rookies would need to play their way on to the team. 
MacIntyre is playing on the US tour this week then the next WGC event a couple of weeks later. He's going to need to show up well in those events to have a chance. 
I think he's now very close to securing his playing rights for the PGA tour also. 
Supposedly he fancies Garcia and Poulter as two of the picks.