Golfers Thread

Gaz

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Since Bryson made the statement that he saw Augusta as a par 67, he has played 8 rounds and is 43 over by his own measure. emoji1787.png

Think Ewen Murray summed it up nicely on comms last night

"If you try and fight mother nature..mother nature always wins"

Edited by doulikefish

When betting on players each way, do you get paid out up to that position and ties? I.e If the bookies are paying 8 places, and there’s a winner with 10 others tied second, do all 10 get place money? Tried to look online but can’t find a clear answer. 

7 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

When betting on players each way, do you get paid out up to that position and ties? I.e If the bookies are paying 8 places, and there’s a winner with 10 others tied second, do all 10 get place money? Tried to look online but can’t find a clear answer. 

Yeah you would but most bookies will take another point or so off  ie 1/5 becomes a 1/6 for ties check your bookies t's n C's 

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Yeah you would but most bookies will take another point or so off  ie 1/5 becomes a 1/6 for ties check your bookies t's n C's 

Ah right I see cheers. Was wondering how they would work it if there was more than 8 tied together, that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

In that scenario you'd get 70% of the each way portion as there were 7 paying places (2nd-8th) and 10 players on the tied score, so 7/10. 

So if you had £10 ew on someone at 50/1 with a bookie paying 1/5 odds for top 8, you'd get £7 of your £10 ew part paid out at 10/1. 

Had far too many players that I've bet on golf events finish in a 9 way tie for 6th before and you get buttons back, almost as well being settled as a loser 😂 

Edited by Fuctifano

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Ah I get you now. He’s really never, ever going to live that daft comment down.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Nope and neither he should, the stupid arrogant c**t.

Quite. He's thick as f**k anyway, but to show such public disdain for Augusta is mental, even more so when he hasn't had the game to score round it. 

A total moron.

Apparently, if you want to know what the wind is doing on the 12th hole, you need to look at the pin on 11.

The reason I know this is because they mention it EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME a group is playing the hole.