Golfers Thread

Gaz

6 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Bob in at -2 Lairdy in at -4 after day 1 Cut line will be around -4/5 going by predictions 

Some thoughts that the cut might even go to 6 under. 

Either way Bob needs a good day at the office.

Hopefully both Scots make it through.

11 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Some thoughts that the cut might even go to 6 under. 

Either way Bob needs a good day at the office.

Hopefully both Scots make it through.

I'm out of the house today so won't see the early coverage but they were saying yesterday that likely to be ball in hand again today so low scoring predicted 

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Great effort again by Laird.

i reckon Bob will need to shoot a 4 under round today to make the cut. 

-6 looking to be the number 

9 hours ago, doulikefish said:

-6 looking to be the number 

And it was, Bob hitting 68 to get to -5 and miss it by one. 10 birdies in his two rounds but he just can't seem to cut out the bogeys. 

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

And it was, Bob hitting 68 to get to -5 and miss it by one. 10 birdies in his two rounds but he just can't seem to cut out the bogeys. 

Couple of 3 putt bogeys over the 2 days 😟

Fair play to Lairdy, has this guy ever missed a cut in his entire life!? Just goes about his business quietly and consistently.

As for Bob, I really thought he’d have found his feet by now. Him and Detry performed admirably last week and I thought his wee break had sorted him out, but another missed cut on a getable course is pretty poor stuff and he looks miles off the top 50 at the minute. Is his tour card for 2 years or just the 1?

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fair play to Lairdy, has this guy ever missed a cut in his entire life!? Just goes about his business quietly and consistently.

As for Bob, I really thought he’d have found his feet by now. Him and Detry performed admirably last week and I thought his wee break had sorted him out, but another missed cut on a getable course is pretty poor stuff and he looks miles off the top 50 at the minute. Is his tour card for 2 years or just the 1?

Just 1 year, he needs to be making more cuts and picking up more points than he is at the moment. He's making plenty of birdies, it's the bogeys that are killing him. It's not hard to see where he needs to improve, he's 101st in approach play and 157th in putting. The chart shows how he compares to Laird.

Screenshot_20240504_134412_PGA TOUR.jpg

Well, it's early May, the courses are firming up nicely, preferred lies have been binned, shirt sleeves were the order of the day yesterday afternoon, and - after "defending" 5 good counting scores in the first 3 weeks of the season - my HI has ballooned from 4.9 to 6.2

Great days... 🙄

Out of interest, how many medal cards do you all post over the season? I felt like I played most Saturdays last season from April to the end of September but it appears I only played in 12 handicap counters which doesn't seem like many.  The rest was taken up with Scrambles, pairs, other team comps etc.

I reckon I usually have around 25-30 scoring rounds per year, although I play on a links that's in decent nick all year round.

Game is in the shitter atm though.

6 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

Out of interest, how many medal cards do you all post over the season?

Usually around 35-40, but I did manage over 50 a few years back when I was unemployed over a summer and played 36 holes pretty much every Wednesday and Saturday during BST.

Posted (edited)

Sore one for Ben Kohles just there. One ahead going up the last and he was the only player in the field to bogey it, turning a one shot lead into a one shot deficit just like that. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

Out of interest, how many medal cards do you all post over the season? I felt like I played most Saturdays last season from April to the end of September but it appears I only played in 12 handicap counters which doesn't seem like many.  The rest was taken up with Scrambles, pairs, other team comps etc.

I've still got a counting round in my 20 from April 2022. Due to my Petershill commitments I only really get to play Saturdays during the close season, so it's a very short season competition wise. I seldom bother putting general play scores in.

Edited by peasy23

15 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

I play the Wednesday/Sunday comps during the football season and then switch to Saturdays when the football finishes so around 35 in total plus the odd open at some other courses but I seem to have not done that last year due to various commitments 

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Sore one for Ben Kohles just there. One ahead going up the last and he was the only player in the field to bogey it, turning a one shot lead into a one shot deficit just like that. 

What a time to chunk a chip shot.