Golfers Thread

Gaz

34 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Played in the final of our club championship (handicap) today. 5 down with 7 to play but won on the  19th. Absolutely chuffed. 

That's quite early in the season. Well played.

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

That's quite early in the season. Well played.

Cheers. 

Yes we have 2 qualifying rounds. One last Saturday in May and the other first Saturday in June. 

Then played last 16 on Monday evening, last 8 Wednesday evening and semi final Thursday evening. Final today.

Last 16 match finished on 14th, but next three went to 17th in 1/4 final, 18th hole in semi final and 19th today.

Absolutely shattered tonight. 

I don’t dislike Scheffler and fully appreciate his greatness but I get bored of one player just dominating everything like he is. I felt the same when Tiger was turning up and winning nearly everything when I was a youngster. Hopefully someone can at least run him close tomorrow but at this stage it is not looking likely, even after a triple bogey but a mere 5 holes ago he is 4 in front. The man is an absolute machine right now!

Stuck this on and 5 minutes ago and seen Aberg stick his drive 5 feet away on a par 3, still not seen if he’s got his birdie, have seen Scheffler walk up the fairway though. I’d get it if it was a few holes left on Sunday but it’s Saturday, show us some other players. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don’t dislike Scheffler and fully appreciate his greatness but I get bored of one player just dominating everything like he is. I felt the same when Tiger was turning up and winning nearly everything when I was a youngster. Hopefully someone can at least run him close tomorrow but at this stage it is not looking likely, even after a triple bogey but a mere 5 holes ago he is 4 in front. The man is an absolute machine right now!

He left the door ajar but Hadwin and Hovland have slammed it on their own faces.

Posted (edited)

Absolute horror show today. Lowlight was having to play 7 off the tee on the par-3 17th after finding the drink three times. Unbelievably my fourth attempt at a tee shot landed within about four feet of the hole. If I could have just done that first time I had an easy birdie.

Edited by JS_FFC

11 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Viktor's back 9 scorecard looks like one of mine.

Viktor’s back 9 scorecard reads like a Bishopbriggs phone number.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, peasy23 said:

He left the door ajar but Hadwin and Hovland have slammed it on their own faces.

Perfect summation.

When Scheffler had that triple, I automatically assumed that Hovland, Hadwin, Aberg, Morikawa and even Schauffele might have a serious run at him but they all took a step backwards. Infuriating.

McIlroy and Lowry paired together for final round.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Net 76 today after a net 69 yesterday..just a stupid game 🤣🤣

Let's hope Scottie doesn't just run away with it this evening and somebody,I'm looking at you Hovland,makes it interesting 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Net 76 today after a net 69 yesterday..just a stupid game 🤣🤣

Let's hope Scottie doesn't just run away with it this evening and somebody,I'm looking at you Hovland,makes it interesting 

At -1, can't see Viktor doing anything unless Scheffler has an unfortunate accident with a chainsaw.

37 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Schefflers putter going on the back 9 again. Missed 2 makeable birdies and Morikawa holed a million footer and the lead is down to 1. 

Morikawa reciprocates by missing a fairly straightforward looking putt to tie it.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Morikawa reciprocates by missing a fairly straightforward looking putt to tie it.

And now he's missed another chance to put the pressure on at the 17th.