Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, funky_nomad said:

He's up there with Ronaldo for the biggest spoiled child in professional sport. Fewer things make me happier than watching Hatton unravel.

Some excellent scenes there as he stomped off with a final bogey.

Tyrell Hatton should heed Tommy Fleetwood :

Tommy Fleetwood is one of the many stars who has missed the cut with a +9 36-hole total. Afterwards he said: “It was tough. Conditions are tough, the golf course is tough. But it’s your job to figure it out and to put in a score, and I just couldn’t do that.”

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Tyrell Hatton should heed Tommy Fleetwood :

Tommy Fleetwood is one of the many stars who has missed the cut with a +9 36-hole total. Afterwards he said: “It was tough. Conditions are tough, the golf course is tough. But it’s your job to figure it out and to put in a score, and I just couldn’t do that.”

And Rory has said pretty much the same thing, he couldn't adapt to the conditions. 

And here's a Tiger stat that makes grim reading.

FB_IMG_1721418814161.jpg

46 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Was reading that Tiger walked off 18, did the minimum ‘mixed media questions’, walked into a car that had the engine running, and was whisked off straight onto his private jet. Will be back home in Florida in time for his dinner.

My question… I play a medal round on a Saturday, walk off 18, and several things are in play. One - underpants stuck up the crack of my arse with a line of sweat running down the arse crack area. Two - Polyester golf shirt that could walk into the washing machine unaided. Three - feet absolutely louping, socks minging. All I want is a hot shower and into my trakkys…

Woods, you clatty basturt’. 😜

Tiger will be having the full 'Geisha Double Deluxe Rubdown' with Mouton Cadet '64 on the Learjet whilst you are tucking into a doner kebab and a can of Bru and fantasising about Henni Koyack.

The Open will do it to you

Max Homa is set to make the weekend, his reaction on the 18th showed what that means.

"I just felt like today for one of the first times maybe ever I just never really flinched, never blinked," he said. "I played 16 really good holes and just made two really bad swings.

"I don't know, maybe I'm just proud of myself. This is my favourite tournament in the world.

"So to have the chance to potentially play two more days, I don't know, I had an out-of-body experience.

"I didn't really expect to yell like I won a golf tournament. It just felt really good. I felt like I fought all day."

48 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Tiger will be having the full 'Geisha Double Deluxe Rubdown' with Mouton Cadet '64 on the Learjet whilst you are tucking into a doner kebab and a can of Bru and fantasising about Henni Koyack.

I think Tiger has experience of that sort of ‘massage’. Shortly before he hung his long time caddie out to dry and his wife battered him over the napper with a mashie niblick. Viva Las Vegas indeed.

Fantasising about Henni Koyack? How very dare you. If I’ve any golf based fantasies, they revolve around Paula Creamer and the photo of her in that little black cocktail dress. Ahem. Must be on ‘tinernet somewhere.

Two cans of Lynx Gold and a change of Ys… good to go Tigger.

Class day today. Spent most of it in the grandstand at the 7th green. Great vantage point and very much enjoyed the carnage of Niemann at the 8th happening right in front of us. 

The wind was brutal today after lunchtime and absolutely fair fucks to those later starters who just held on. Superb reaction when Bob birdied the 7th, seemed to really kick him back into life and it was class seeing him stroll up the 18th safely inside the cut. 

Rahm’s drive at the last was ridiculous, 404 yards and only probably stopped that short because it rolled into the bunker. 

IMG_2050.jpeg

IMG_2073.jpeg

IMG_2125.jpeg

Would be lovely to see Sky actually show the early starters, including Bob, on their main golf channel* this morning, rather than Radar touring the medical facilities, Howell showing us what a hanging lie is in the range, etc.

I know some folk like it but IMO Sky's coverage is generally quite crap.  Yesterday's "Rolex hour" of "uninterrupted coverage" for some reason was mainly showing us the leaderboard again and again, a smattering of shots from about 3 groups (when there were about 20 on the course), interviews, and footage of stuff like Lowry walking around off the course after his round. 

TL/DR: SHOW US THE F8CKING GOLF!!!!!!

*I can't get the red button as I'm watching on NOW TV.

Edited by VictorOnopko

2 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Bob is 2-under for the day through 7 holes. Shaping up to be a great #MovingDay effort 

And he has missed a couple of chances. A few of the early starters going well, Sunjae Im-5 thru 11 

Big ups to Darren Clarke...not so good today but making the cut when the tour he plays on is basically him and some mates bevying around the world and also paddy h ( I expected him to at least make the cut though)