Golfers Thread

Gaz

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/jul/17/bob-macintyre-the-open-golf-royal-troon

"Bob MacIntyre bowled up a day late for the Open. He was supposed to be here early on Monday for a press conference, but had to change his plans at the last minute after his victory in the Scottish Open at the Renaissance Club in North Berwick.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to get to Troon,” he said that night. “I don’t think I’ll be legally able to drive.”

He isn’t a big drinker, but decided to make an exception on Sunday. He was last seen in the clubhouse bar some time in the early hours with one arm around his father, Dougie, and the other on a silver punchbowl filled to the brim with good scotch."

On 14/07/2024 at 20:01, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Good to see Aaron Rai into the Open incidentally. Having a brilliant season in America

He's out with an amateur and John Daly, who appears to be honing his appearance for an audition as Abraham in a remake of 'The Ten Commandments'.

Wonder if he'll break 80 ?

Boab off at 9.36 with Tommeh and Jon Rahm and this is a featured group on R&A TV.

https://www.randa.tv/schedule

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched a 17 minute segment of Bryson in the “Open Zone” 

I was fully engaged! I admit it lads…..he’s won me over 

Yeah just watched that as well. I've watched a few of his youtube videos too and he does come across well. 

14 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched a 17 minute segment of Bryson in the “Open Zone” 

I was fully engaged! I admit it lads…..he’s won me over 

It'll be interesting to see how he adapts his usual bomb n' gouge style to the subtleties of Troon's fairways & bunkering. Thinking back to Tiger at Hoylake in 2006, when he eshewed the driver off the tee and used 2 iron in a course management masterclass. Not sure if DeRoidboy has this breadth of nuance in his game.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

It'll be interesting to see how he adapts his usual bomb n' gouge style to the subtleties of Troon's fairways & bunkering. Thinking back to Tiger at Hoylake in 2006, when he eshewed the driver off the tee and used 2 iron in a course management masterclass. Not sure if DeRoidboy has this breadth of nuance in his game.

His Open record is fairly dismal. One T8th at St. Andrews where you can pretty much smack it anywhere and still have a shot. 2 x T33rd, a T60th, and 2 missed cuts make up the rest of his efforts.

The R&A get lots of things wrong, but credit to them for inviting Michael Hendry to this year's tourney after missing out last year.

Edited by peasy23

Course looks great with the green fairway, darker green light rough, and light brown knee high rough. If the sun comes out (ha!), the TV pictures will look great. Just tuned in fifteen minutes ago - is McGinley there? Is his tongue wedged up Rory’s arse yet? Has Dame Laura delivered anything remotely of interest? Has mad Faldo been on waffling his admittedly entertaining bullshit yet? Has Peter Alliss told us to get down to Little Puddleduck Golf Club in Somerset next week to support Betty and Arthur who are hosting their annual Little Puddleduck fundraising bring & buy sale?

Oh, there’s Rory teed off. There’s the boogah woogah cuntos.