Golfers Thread

Gaz

11 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

They give you the points/place rankings in all the other events leading up so why not do the same in the “final”. That way you still have a winner of the overall championship and a winner of the specific event. 

That's how they used to do it and changed it as they wanted the winner of the tourney to be the overall champion too.

The most laughable one was way back when Vijay won it. He had such a big lead going into the Tour Championship that all he had to do was play the 4 rounds and not come last. 

I don't know what the answer is, but starting someone on -10 definitely isn't it.

55 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Curtis Cup just started on Sky Sports Mix and the R&A website by the way. GB&I need  3 ½ points from the eight singles

The Yanks have a 15 year old playing - she's -4 through 6, and 1 up on the world amateur number 1

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Unfortunately Bob can only par the last so has to settle for 30 on the back 9. 7 under today, 11 under in total, and moves up inside the top 20.

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Boab getting an almighty whack of points for his tied 17. Should guarantee a ryder cup place next year and be automatically in all the big stuff. Not bad for a shinty player

His share of the prize pot is just under 800k if he remains in the same place 

16 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Scottie Shankler.

13 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

The Robot is malfunctioning

Ctr alt delete .....and normal service has been resumed 

Some Yank statto has worked out that Scheffler has earned $3k in winnings for every tournament minute spent on course this season.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/scottie-schefflers-earnings-per-minute-pga-tour/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20240902 bunkered Monday Finish&utm_term=bunkered - Monday Finish

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

On 27/08/2024 at 12:28, pozbaird said:

I grew up in Johnstone and was a member at Lochwinnoch for 36 years before moving from Renfrewshire for work reasons twenty years ago. My best mate at Lochwinnoch, also of over thirty years, moved to West Lothian for work reasons, and plays at Deer Park in Livingston.

Did he, aye ?

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/deer-park-golf-club-burglary/

Between Sheffler's shank out of the bunker and the boy who eventually won the British Masters getting the yips around the green half way through his back 9, it was a very relatable Sunday on Sky Sports golf.

Me? Yet another sterling finish, dropping 5 shots in the last 3 holes for +11... 🙄

16 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Scottie Shankler.

He's got a long way to go before he can beat me on that front - I once had 5 consecutive shanks with a sand wedge on the same hole, effectively working my way anti-clockwise around the 13th green at Tulliallan, all after a decent tee shot. Ended up sinking a good putt for an 8...

(It was winter and we were off mats, which is the excuse I'm sticking to!)

On 01/09/2024 at 09:20, lichtie23 said:

Big day today lads. A good round will see me break 10 for the first time in my life. Protecting a score of 79 so a 78 (10+) or better sees me complete my goal. I believe a 76 (8+) sees me go to 9.5. Wish me luck boys 

And???

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Tactically shite round to keep the handicap up imo

Par on the 1st (long par 4 into wind) and had a birdie putt on 2 but walked off with bogey. Then doubled 3 and went OB twice on 4. It was done. Ended up shooting a 84