Golfers Thread

Gaz

Guest honestrae95

Played brilliant yesterday and I thought I could maybe post a score (was -5 nett after 14 holes) then at the 15th, I took a 9 at a par 5. Lost my head the next two holes and took two double bogeys before a par at the last. Absolutely gutted, as I was hitting the ball great.

Ach well, shit happens!

Broke 100 for the first time in a medal today, bang on 99. Gutted as I had a 10 at the first and three 7s on my card.

Was three over my handicap for the front nine, three under my handicap for the back nine. Don't think I'll get cut though as our CSS is usually 70, if it was 71 (par) then I'd be looking at my first ever cut.

Nope, no cut for me. Adjusted score was 98, CSS 70.

A lot of positives to take so far this summer, though. Before the summer I was averaging one or two full rounds a week and my average score would have been somewhere about 105-110. I've played six bounce games so far and have averaged 101.5 so far, with an average of 107 in medals.

Will keep plugging away as I can definitely see signs of improvement. In my last five rounds I've beaten my handicap on the back nine. But there are always a couple of troublesome holes for me on the front nine.

Played elmwood again today,shot a 79 and was still whinging like montgomery when i finished,thought id should have been half a dozen shots better

Fancy a game somewhere a week on Friday? I'm off so can play early morning to avoid the sun!

Buffer zone again for me today. Happy that I'm not shooting nightmare scores of 110+ and going up 0.1 each time but I'd like to get the odd bad hole out the way and start coming down!

Fancy a game somewhere a week on Friday? I'm off so can play early morning to avoid the sun!

Yip i should be still home,fancy giving drumoig a go,can get on before 9 am for £15 and its a cracking course

Played brilliant yesterday and I thought I could maybe post a score (was -5 nett after 14 holes) then at the 15th, I took a 9 at a par 5. Lost my head the next two holes and took two double bogeys before a par at the last. Absolutely gutted, as I was hitting the ball great.

Ach well, shit happens!

Sounds a bit like my round in the championship qualifying on Sat. Was rolling along great then took 4 to get out the bunker on the short par 3 16th, dropping 6 shots over the last 4 holes for a 77.

However, Saturday (plus the stableford adjustment for the 16th) got me down to 8.4 and I knocked another 0.2 off with a 76 last night, even though I failed to hole a putt all night and dropped 5 shots over the middle 4 holes. If only I could concentrate for a whole round...

Brought my run of buffer zone finishes to an end today. Three putted the first 3 greens, dropping 10 shots in the first 5 holes.

Out in 47, back in 41. Played the last 6 holes in one over to at least manage to break 90.

Up to 9.4 and ever closer to losing single figure status. :(

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Sounds a bit like my round in the championship qualifying on Sat. Was rolling along great then took 4 to get out the bunker on the short par 3 16th, dropping 6 shots over the last 4 holes for a 77

Had the second round of the championship qualifying on Saturday and - having made the last 16 last year - sadly missed out. Started with a birdie and parred the four long par 4s but 4 double bogeys, including one at the last, saw me shoot a 79 and miss out by 3 shots overall.

Looks like taking 4 to get out that bunker last week was rather costly!