Golfers Thread

Gaz

Another decent round in the Wed medal yesterday, ending up with a 77-9=68 though finishing bogey, bogey was disappointing. Still, brings my exact down to 8.7 having been 9.5 this time last week.

In other news, if anyone has the new edition of bunkered there's a photo of me with Miguel Angel Jiminez on page 12!

That photo is excellent!

I went up to 8.5 today thanks to the wind (nothing at all to do with my whiteness). Seems like our handicaps are pretty close now!

I beat a 17 time club champion, multiple county champion, and over 100 capped county player 3&2 last night.

Best win of my life. By a distance. A lot of people been talking about it today, feels kinda good.

I beat a 17 time club champion, multiple county champion, and over 100 capped county player 3&2 last night.

Best win of my life. By a distance. A lot of people been talking about it today, feels kinda good.

That's brilliant mate, well done!

I went up to 8.5 today thanks to the wind (nothing at all to do with my whiteness). Seems like our handicaps are pretty close now!

Hmm, turns out I was 8.3 before yesterday. Could have done with the extra shot for the gents open at Gourock next Saturday :(

Off to play balwearie today,nice course apart from the mountain at the first hole aptly named "the brae"

The mountain of a walk between 9&10 and 10&11 isn't much fun either.

Hmm, turns out I was 8.3 before yesterday. Could have done with the extra shot for the gents open at Gourock next Saturday :(

No luck chuck! I went up to 8.8 on Sat... Turned up an absolute state from Friday night and started 5, 6, 3, 8. Was 10 over at the turn but had a decent back 9 and actually had a 10 foot putt at the last (missed...) for buffer. My play wouldn't have deserved anything other than a 0.1 so not too disappointed. Hoping for better on Wed

No luck chuck! I went up to 8.8 on Sat... Turned up an absolute state from Friday night and started 5, 6, 3, 8. Was 10 over at the turn but had a decent back 9 and actually had a 10 foot putt at the last (missed...) for buffer. My play wouldn't have deserved anything other than a 0.1 so not too disappointed. Hoping for better on Wed

I was 5 over through 3 on Saturday! Got through 10 still 5 over, then doubled 11 and it went massively downhill :(

Only 2 weeks until the gents championship qualifiers, need to see some improvement soon!

Still good shooting, and if you put a couple of good scores in you'll qualify for an ESR which will take you down even quicker.

Not in Scotland it won't.

Oh and initial handicap allocation is a piece of piss.

1. Round all triple bogey scores on holes down to double bogey

2. Once adjusted, add up your total score

3. Take away the par of the course (which depends on what tees you hit from)

4. Do this over three rounds

5. Take your lowest number and this is your handicap. If your club have done it much differently then they are wrong.

Had a driver lesson today. Determined to keep the ball in play. If I do, then my scores will radically improve.

Sick of having to chop out of rough or sky the ball so much that I'm taking a hybrid to my second shot of the hole.

Give me 230 yards straight and I'll be a happy man.

Just cranked the driver loft down to 11.5 from 13 as well. It may impart more side-spin but should give me a wee bit more carry and less backspin.

Here's hoping. My aim for my first golfing year was to get from 28 to 18. Halfway there!

I used to have a consistant drive, for 50 yards it looked great then boom, banana time and the last 50' yards would be completely sideways. I've now tweaked my stance and am turning through later, the result is that one in 5 drives is beautiful, straight down the middle and can be a good hundred yards further. The problem is that now the other 4 could go anywhere. Some right, some left and some that look like taking out low flying aircraft (and if i play glenrothes, that's a real possibility). I'm losing balls like narbdae's business because quite often I lose it as soon as I hit it and can no longer rely on looking off to the right!

Worth it for the 1 in 5 though!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Currently playing at drumoig-beautiful course in north east fife, immaculately kept and perfect weather.

Unfortunately I have time to post on here from the 7th tee due to some startling ignorance from the couple in front. I've had to queue behind them on the last three tees without so much as an acknowledgement, never mind an invitation to play through. They're trundling along at a snails pace as well.

Currently playing at drumoig-beautiful course in north east fife, immaculately kept and perfect weather.

Unfortunately I have time to post on here from the 7th tee due to some startling ignorance from the couple in front. I've had to queue behind them on the last three tees without so much as an acknowledgement, never mind an invitation to play through. They're trundling along at a snails pace as well.

Hit through them. You know you want to.

Tempted. That's now for holes in a row I've been stood behind them as they tee off. No idea what they're doing between holes-I just hit my second at a par four as they walked towards the next hole. I finished up and they were still on the tees when I got here.

Anyone use a Garmin Approach watch, or similar?

Few of the guys I play with use them and they seem quite good. Looking at the S2, it's not the most recent but has most of the tools the S3 has. Over 30,000 courses on it and updates manually.