Golfers Thread

Gaz

Shot 83 at tryst today and had the waterproofs on the whole way,happy with that but i seem to be developing too much hook with my drives which ill work on as ive a lesson on thursday.Been practising a lot of chipping and putting lately so really happy that ive seen the results on the course,i had 5 up n downs from between 10 and 50 yards of the green

Hope you got out before the rain!

Rain came on as I was on the 18th. Went out in 55, back in 44 to smash my previous best by 10 shots with a 99. Delighted!

We should get a game together some time.

They seems to be a few of us in perth, we should get a mini p&b golf day on the go.

Rain came on as I was on the 18th. Went out in 55, back in 44 to smash my previous best by 10 shots with a 99. Delighted!

They seems to be a few of us in perth, we should get a mini p&b golf day on the go.

Sounds good. I was at the north inch yesterday and te course doesn't look too bad! Seems like or can just walk on and play too.

I'm off on Friday if anyone wants a game in Perth? Or even the weekend?

Medal today. Mixed bag again.

Started 7,6 to use up 5 of my 9 strokes.

Steady after that until hitting 2 great shots to difficult par 4 7th and 3 putting from 8 feet for a bogey then capped that by 4 putting on the 2 tier 8th green for a triple bogey 7. Out in 46, 11 over par but back in 38 (2 over) finishing with a birdie on 18 after thinning my approach to 4 feet. :lol:

Medal today. Mixed bag again.

Started 7,6 to use up 5 of my 9 strokes.

Steady after that until hitting 2 great shots to difficult par 4 7th and 3 putting from 8 feet for a bogey then capped that by 4 putting on the 2 tier 8th green for a triple bogey 7. Out in 46, 11 over par but back in 38 (2 over) finishing with a birdie on 18 after thinning my approach to 4 feet. :lol:

Mixed bag for me also in tonight's medal. Started birdie, par, bogey before running up a quadriple bogey 8 at the fourth. Parred 5 thru 9 for a +4 39 outward half.

Started my back 9 with a 2 at 10 but didn't hit many good shots after that, scraping home in 39 for a 78-9=69.

Putting was dynamite but having to take a penalty drop from a burn (on 4) and drops from unplayable lies on 4 (again) and 17 was frustrating to say the least

20 over at Drumoig from the green tees - went out in 43, back in 50, for 20 over par.

Sod's law - at the water covered 270-yard 10th, I put my 3-wood within 30 yards of the green and eventually settled for a 4. At the water covered 160-yard 11th, I punted my drive into the water, punted my third into the bunker, went over the green, finishing the hole with a 7. Funny old game.

A great course, £25 per round is an absolute steal.

Went out today and bought a Ping G15 driver - tried around 20-25 drives with it, and it handles like a dream. Every drive, no matter how bad, went beyond 200 yards, some a shade off 250 yards. Can't wait to use it in anger.

I like watching golf, but ask me about clubs or sh*t like that I wouldn't have a clue.

Seriously considering perhaps getting some lessons to learn how to play.

I'm the same really, just bought a set of clubs a few weeks ago so I'm just learning.

After much deliberation, I eventually decided to head to The Carrick and play my reserved tee time. Amazingly, after the first hole, there wasn't a spot of rain for the entire round. Take the first hole out of consideration and I played very solidly, yet again. Greens were in perfect condition and rolled fantastically well.

Enjoyable round.

I'm dying to get playing again! I'm a bit skeptical though as I will know no one and have no one to play with which is a problem really. Also the courses ain't cheap round here.

I'm dying to get playing again! I'm a bit skeptical though as I will know no one and have no one to play with which is a problem really. Also the courses ain't cheap round here.

Whenever you fancy a round at Thornton give me a shout and ill sign you on for £10 with me.

Whenever you fancy a round at Thornton give me a shout and ill sign you on for £10 with me.

Give me a shout if your playing im pretty much free all this week,heading to balbernie this morning as ive never played it

Give me a shout if your playing im pretty much free all this week,heading to balbernie this morning as ive never played it

Nice 83 again my putting and chipping saved me,drives still a wee bit wayward but nothing to serious

Nice 83 again my putting and chipping saved me,drives still a wee bit wayward but nothing to serious

Are you free this week Dazzle? I can play 3pm onwards each day. 2pm on Fridays.

Im playing King James VI course tomorrow as its only £15 on Tuesdays so going to see what its like.

I'm free on Thursday if you guys can make it then? I finish at 2 and can be down for 3 onwards.

aye i can make that

Also suits me. I finish ar half 2 so can get there just before 3 so maybe try quarter past or half 3 if possible?