Golfers Thread

Gaz

Playing at Dunkeld tomorrow. Never played it before.

Pitlochry on Friday. Played there about 30 years ago. Don`t remember much other than it being hilly.

Really enjoyed both courses. Very lucky with the weather, played quite well and won nearest the pin on 16th at Pitlochry.

Great couple of days.

I smashed my 3 iron into little pieces today, after yet another miss by 40 yards left of target. The £30 re-shaft is well worth it for the frustration it released. Not having a particularly great time of it at the moment. Two more rounds and I'll be up to 5 handicap.

Well I just finished my first round ever in the USA, first round for 3+ years. Big Run golf club, shot about 100ish I guess, so my last official 19.1 hc is probably achieveable again with practice. Don't think I'll ever return to the heady days of a 7 though (mind you that was in 1982)

Loved it. played a few decent shots but way too many silly fluffed chips and sideways drives. By Christ I'm knackered though

Was meant to be playing Alloa last night but a member of our group hurt his back, so three of us went around Linlithgow instead.

Nice course, hilly but quite short, which suited me - I'm not a particularly big hitter but I could reach most greens in regulation. I parred eight holes, which I was delighted with. Still walked off with 100 as I had an 8, 10 and 12 on my card. The 12 was at the last where I rattled two balls into the Union Canal. Was gutted as a 5 would have seen me beat my best ever round!

Wednesday sweep today. In the buffer zone which is real progress after endless 0.1 increases of late.

Back 9 in 39 :P

Made my exit from single figures in spectacular fashion last night with the highest net score of my golfing career - 87 - 9 = 78

Have managed to raise my handicap an impressive 0.6 in the month of June. Depressing stuff.

Made my exit from single figures in spectacular fashion last night with the highest net score of my golfing career - 87 - 9 = 78

Have managed to raise my handicap an impressive 0.6 in the month of June. Depressing stuff.

I`m hanging on to single figures at 9.3. I`ve been single figures since August 2009 when after beginning to feel I might never make it I got cut massively after a net 65. Lowest I`ve been is 7.6.

Net 78 is nothing, I`ve had a net 80 in the last few weeks. :lol:

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I`m hanging on to single figures at 9.3. I`ve been single figures since August 2009 when after beginning to feel I might never make it I got cut massively after a net 65. Lowest I`ve been is 7.6.

Net 78 is nothing, I`ve had a net 80 in the last few weeks. :lol:

Returned to single figures today as, despite dropping 6 shots over holes 9-12 I managed to play pretty much par golf for 76 less 10 = 66.

Was leading the section by 2 when I left although I'm sure there will be at least a couple of better scores than that by the time the day is out.

However, getting back to single figures was the main thing so delighted with that.

Returned to single figures today as, despite dropping 6 shots over holes 9-12 I managed to play pretty much par golf for 76 less 10 = 66.

Was leading the section by 2 when I left although I'm sure there will be at least a couple of better scores than that by the time the day is out.

However, getting back to single figures was the main thing so delighted with that.

Good stuff.

I was in the buffer zone again so still hanging on at 9.3. :P

I played my first 18 holes last week around Merchants of Edinburgh, round in 113. Was playing a Stableford game with folk from work so managed to pick up 18 pts from the maximum handicap.

Extremely hilly course with a couple of spectacular holes although a bit busy where a few holes are close to each other and blind.

Played Nairn Dunbar GC on Thursday night in a stableford work thing. Started badly, only picking up my first points on the 5th hole. Finished the front 9 with 11 points, including, for the first time in my "career" paring a Par 5 on the 9th hole. This gave me a huge confidence boost and saw a storming start to the back 9 which include seen me go one better and birdie the Par 5 13th. Managed to score 20 points on the inward 9, despite not scoring on 2 holes.

Started off in the beautiful sunshine but at the turn, the heavens opened and we got drenched. But really enjoyed myself, its a fantastic course in great condition