Golfers Thread

Gaz

Good stuff. I'll phone up tomorrow and get a tee from 3.15/3.30 and post it in here tomorrow.

Awesome

It's the best of the 3 courses in perth, enjoy.

Hope so. Is it worth double the membership fee compared to the others though?

In short, no. I think I'll be joining craigie hill next year. It gets a bad rep but I really like it.

It looks nice when I pass it going to the Broxden roundabout. To me though it seems like King James is the upper class of golf courses in Perth if you know what I mean?

It looks nice when I pass it going to the Broxden roundabout. To me though it seems like King James is the upper class of golf courses in Perth if you know what I mean?

I know what you mean, comes with the cost of the membership though. I'm desperate to get out on the course again, skint until pay day though.

I know what you mean, comes with the cost of the membership though. I'm desperate to get out on the course again, skint until pay day though.

It's only £15 for a round at king James on a Tuesday!

Another 0.1 increase on Saturday. This time through no fault of my own. Had just birdied the 6th when I received a phonecall to say I had a christening (which I knew nothing about) in an hour so had to flee the course. My own fault for having my phone on the course!

Handicap up to 9.2, highest its been since the beginning of July. Strange as I'm playing well at the moment. Still, might give me a chance of getting up to 10 for my forthcoming tie...

I understand that if you are between 22 and 29 there could be a substantial difference in fees, but with full adult subs of £485 for Craigie Hill, and £505 for King James, it is a no brainer. King James is worth paying more money for.

I'm surprised King James don't have a discounted rate for 22-29 year olds, they are losing out because of that.

Also, in the grand context of things, £500 is great value for golf club membership. Compared with £220 it seems a lot, but it's absolutely dirt cheap if you are getting enough use out of it.

Guest The Phoenix

I understand that if you are between 22 and 29 there could be a substantial difference in fees, but with full adult subs of £485 for Craigie Hill, and £505 for King James, it is a no brainer. King James is worth paying more money for.

I'm surprised King James don't have a discounted rate for 22-29 year olds, they are losing out because of that.

Also, in the grand context of things, £500 is great value for golf club membership. Compared with £220 it seems a lot, but it's absolutely dirt cheap if you are getting enough use out of it.

Having played both courses on several occasions, I'd rate King J's at least £150 per annum "better" than Craigie.

To be fair, that's probably because I can't abide Craigie Hill.

Having played both courses on several occasions, I'd rate King J's at least £150 per annum "better" than Craigie.

To be fair, that's probably because I can't abide Craigie Hill.

Agree with that. Craigie Hill is a £350 course, King James is a £550ish course.

I haven't seen their accounts but I imagine that Craigie Hill's fees are as high as they are as they don't get a great deal of external income e.g. visitor income.

Edited by mid-table

Really enjoyed king James. Shot a 92 which could have been better. I 3 putted a few holes and hit 2 balls out of bounds which never helped. Managed a cheeky 2 on the 17th hole though. It just seems too flat and yes it's fun but not much of a challenge compared to other courses. However the course seemed in awesome condition so I will likely try the 2 month membership for £80.

Medal this evening. Looking forward to it, although not holding out much hope - been hooking the ball a bit too much for my liking. Will be happy if I land in buffer zone.

Also, playing Whitekirk in East Lothian on Saturday (using a Scottish Golf Show voucher), and Alloa on Monday (with a few boys from my work). Anyone played them before?

Its ridiculous, hadn't played in two weeks, been swinging it terribly pushing everything right/slicing back up to 11 from 10 hc. Then tee up last night and strike my irons lovely slight draw, chip in birdie on a nice night. Hopefully my season has finally started.

I'm trying to get out of it but its looking likely that ill have to work until 5 tonight and tomorrow night I will know about lunch time.

Not fancy playing after 5? It's still light until 11 ish.

I'm trying to get out of it but its looking likely that ill have to work until 5 tonight and tomorrow night I will know about lunch time.

Not fancy playing after 5? It's still light until 11 ish.

Tee off is booked for half 3 on thursday,i cant manage much later than that,ive booked for a 3 or fourball(one of my mates is coming aswell)

let me know if your coming dazzle/db62