Golfers Thread

Gaz

Playing at Dunkeld tomorrow. Never played it before.

Pitlochry on Friday. Played there about 30 years ago. Don`t remember much other than it being hilly.

Dunkeld is great. The 6th (a par 4 over down in to a valley and up again, a birdie or even eagle chance if you can drive the green), 8th (a long par 4 over the road then an elevated green, I'm always happy with a 6 on that) and 18th (par 3 back over the road) are great holes. I never got round to rejoining but I was a member there last year. Enjoy it.

Dunkeld is great. The 6th (a par 4 over down in to a valley and up again, a birdie or even eagle chance if you can drive the green), 8th (a long par 4 over the road then an elevated green, I'm always happy with a 6 on that) and 18th (par 3 back over the road) are great holes. I never got round to rejoining but I was a member there last year. Enjoy it.

Cheers. I`ll report back over the weekend

Also, playing Whitekirk in East Lothian on Saturday (using a Scottish Golf Show voucher), and Alloa on Monday (with a few boys from my work). Anyone played them before?

Yup.

Hard greens at Whitekirk. It's getting made into 36holes and overhauled by Paul Lawrie. It's an ok course. Shawpark Alloa is enjoyable it starts easy but the last 6 are tricky.

Both courses would cost about £30 per round, they are decent courses but nothing out this world.

Oh are you a member there too? I assume its easy to find as Thornton ain't a big place.

aye turn right just after the spar or left if you come in from the glenrothes side,ill pm you my mobile number ill be there around 3

aye turn right just after the spar or left if you come in from the glenrothes side,ill pm you my mobile number ill be there around 3

and follow the road straight for about a mile then go under the bridge and follow the road round theres parking right next to the clubhouse

I'm won't make it guys looks like I'm in until 4 today, gutted its becoming every other week these days. Sorry hopefully ill get a round if you's fancy next time I'm on days.

I'm won't make it guys looks like I'm in until 4 today, gutted its becoming every other week these days. Sorry hopefully ill get a round if you's fancy next time I'm on days.

No worries mate. Yeah another time would be good. I finish at half 2 all week so any time after 3 suits!

If you fancy a few holes anyway come and join us we dont tee off until half 3 so shouldnt be that far round

I don't suppose Thornton pro shop sells shoe laces do they?

doubt it,its not much of a shop

If you fancy a few holes anyway come and join us we dont tee off until half 3 so shouldnt be that far round

doubt it,its not much of a shop

Ahh fair enough, I might pop to golf direct at Elwood first then to see if they have any. I'm not desperate but they would be handy!

Decent day spoiled by my back 9,51 shots yuck,db62 went off to a stormer but went the way of me

cheers for the game db62

Really enjoyed that. Good course to play on. I started with four 4's but then hit four 6's and a 7 on the front 9! Look forward to playing again! Cheers fish!