Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the changes to the 15th. It seemed like almost everyone was laying up there and I would prefer to see a few more of them take a punt at the green.

Yes agreed I can't remember so many lay ups there 

The real winner of the weekend was the masters app...I had it last year aswell but that's the best sporting app on the go just now...superb by there tech team 

Yes agreed I can't remember so many lay ups there 
The real winner of the weekend was the masters app...I had it last year aswell but that's the best sporting app on the go just now...superb by there tech team 
Best sporting app out there by a mile. If you track a player generally you will see their shots just a minute or two after they played it.

It pisses all over the PGA and DP World Tour apps.

Slightly overlooked, but Morikawa slipped above Jon Rahm to second spot on the OWGR.

His 5th place finish was another improvement at Augusta having previously finished T44th and T18th. He has played 9 majors, with a USPGA win and a win at The Open, and now has top 5s in all 4 majors all by the age of 25.

16 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Maybe he should start listening to his caddy rather than horsing his shots into the water and he might do a bit better. He's a really unlikeable guy and he sounds like a spoiled kid there. 

18 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Saudi League announcing today

Bubba

Na

Westwood

Poulter

Are the names seemingly

Sign me up for a subscription to watch those 4 battle it out!

No real surprises in those names, although disappointing to see the likes of Poulter and Westwood chasing money the surely can't need. I'd much rather have seen the two of them play a few more events on the DP tour where they would probably be very competitive still, but I guess it all comes down to cash.

I wonder who else will come out and sign up in the weeks ahead. Adam Scott has always been strongly linked and there must be a few other 40 somethings looking to make a few bucks before they are consigned to the seniors.

It would also mean that Poulter and Westwood would be ineligible for the Ryder Cup, meaning we might actually be able to play some younger talent in the European team for once rather than just the same old names.

Edited by Ignoramus

On 13/04/2022 at 08:10, doulikefish said:

Saudi League announcing today

Bubba

Na

Westwood

Poulter

Are the names seemingly

Seems rumours of announcements with this mob come and go without much noise. Kevin Na has denied that he's signed anything. Bubba has also said he'll play the RBC Canadian, which is the same weekend as Saudi League opening tournament. 

Edited by The Moonster

Just now, The Moonster said:

Seems rumours of announcements with this mob come and go without much noise. Kevin Na has denied that he's signed anything. 

Yeah yesterday Bubba was tweeting out his schedule which he normally never does with no Saudi stuff on it.Looks like the 2 two time major winner that Greg Norman said was in his office signing up for it was himself 

14 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Yeah yesterday Bubba was tweeting out his schedule which he normally never does with no Saudi stuff on it.Looks like the 2 two time major winner that Greg Norman said was in his office signing up for it was himself 

I did laugh when I read that comment by Norman. No mention of when those majors were won. Probably Sandy Lyle or someone like that. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I did laugh when I read that comment by Norman. No mention of when those majors were won. Probably Sandy Lyle or someone like that. 

Sandy playing for $15 mill wearing his gallouses would be epic 

Played in our Wednesday sweep this week. 38 points to be tied best score and also had a two so in the money for that as well.

Had 22 points after playing the front 9 in level par with 3 bogeys, 3 pars and 3 birdies. Slightly disappointing 16 points back but with 4 birdies overall and no worse than a bogey on my card I'll take that any day.

Handicap Index down to an all time low of 6.2. I've a number of good scores due to drop out of my 20 most recent scores soon so work cut out to keep HI down there. Given I was 9.6 at the start of last season, very happy with things though.

Played Golspie on Friday and Dornoch yesterday. Only my 3rd and 4th rounds of the year, so short game was a bit off, but improved as the rounds went by, and scoring was ok overall. So class to play on two amazing courses in such great condition, especially when I get Dornoch for £20 on the reciprocal [emoji23] fucking love coming home

e5e8e07dd9438e1f0096cf2b41e43276.jpg
9d7448588f925864acde1ac161dcd3df.jpg
52b5e7b3f6d50ceacafd607a9f29a4f1.jpg
84e91e7409870ac65d821127aa4d71e1.jpg
28c04e0e882a8ebc82811037fc9abaf8.jpg
7996f9c8c32c1698d76ed566ac6fb0f3.jpg