Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I was frustrated with my scores because I know I can do better but at least now there's a marker down for me to improve on. 

When you post a good score it's great then next week you are smacking a 4 iron off your head....it drives you nuts 🤣

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Currently world number 1043.

The Saudis obviously want to attract anybody for the first year, then hope when better players see those guys earn crazy money, then that will sway them to follow.

Yeah I think Norman has said as much.

I wonder if they'll turn the heads of a few European Tour journeymen. It would be quite the laugh if someone like David Drysdale entered and pocketed the first prize after years of scraping by on the European Tour. 

42 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wonder if they'll turn the heads of a few European Tour journeymen. It would be quite the laugh if someone like David Drysdale entered and pocketed the first prize after years of scraping by on the European Tour. 

If that's the standard they're looking at, a few decent medals and I might give it a crack.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I take your point on this but just in excess of 6 million Euros in the Career Money list for Drysdale isn't too shabby for scraping by.

Handicap is in at 19.2. I'm actually delighted with that, thought I'd be in the 20s. Only seems to have updated on Scottish Golf and not on Howdidido, does it normally take a bit longer for that to update? Still won't let me book some competitions because there's no handicap showing. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Handicap is in at 19.2. I'm actually delighted with that, thought I'd be in the 20s. Only seems to have updated on Scottish Golf and not on Howdidido, does it normally take a bit longer for that to update? Still won't let me book some competitions because there's no handicap showing. 

It might require someone at your club to hit a refresh/accept button for your handicap to go live on HDID as it's Scottish Golf that "owns" the handicap data.

Might be worth giving the club a wee nudge today to explain that you want to book comps and now have a handicap showing on SG.

Handicaps are usually updated on the Scottish Golf app just after midnight....no idea why that doesnt filter through to howdidido....should do soon.

Played the "Tuesday ba' last night - had a 4.44pm tee time and managed to finish off a 2 hour Teams meeting at exactly 4.35pm....ran to first tee and promtly sclaffed my drive into a tree and ball remains in a shrub in the car park (might have a look tonight)  Started 7,7 but began to improve from 6th onwards and had the honour from 9th tee onwards (playing with 3 and 8 handicappers)...then polished off the round the way I started, with a treble bogey - tee shot found an impossible lie in a hole at a bunker face...one failed attempt made things worse so had to take a drop in the bunker.  Still, it was a fine night and really enjoyed it. 

Playing again tonight with a guy I needed to speak to re work anyway....playing a General Play off the whites but expect my handicap to increase by about 1 as my next score to come off is a 4.1 (handicap currently 9.1).  The 4.1 score was last September and actually my best score off medal tees at Kemnay - 76.  That score came on my fourth round of a weekend - Fri night, Sat night and two rounds on the Sunday...usually fade away by that stage.

Just now, funky_nomad said:

It might require someone at your club to hit a refresh/accept button for your handicap to go live on HDID as it's Scottish Golf that "owns" the handicap data.

Might be worth giving the club a wee nudge today to explain that you want to book comps and now have a handicap showing on SG.

I won't be surprised if that's the case, when I joined they sent me all these instructions for gaining a handicap that were apparently 2 years out of date. I'll leave it till tomorrow to see if it updates before giving him a phone. Cheers.

Anyone play DraftKings on here? I was sitting high in the money places after Round 1, and just logged on there to see Niemann and his partner have withdrawn. That’s probably cost me any chance of a decent win which is annoying, as 4 out of my other 5 picks are well up there. I even picked Garrigus and Gainey who are sitting at -9, and have Cantlay and Schaufelle who are looking good. 

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Foursomes not going well for Bob and Martin so far, +3 thru 6 holes to drop to -3 and miles adrift of the cut, currently projected at -8.

Yes finished on that mark. Cut projection remains at -8.

Russell Knox (playing with Brian Stuard) comfortably in for the weekend at -11. Currently tied 9th and 6 off the lead.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer