Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

One of the weird things about Speith is that you always think he is more likely to hole out from a bunker or sink a massive putt than he is to roll in a 4 foot. It appears it has always been like this.

He definitely missed a couple of putts inside 5 feet yesterday. He also missed a tiddler on the 18th when finishing his 3rd round. He said it was the worst he's ever putted and still been in contention.

Played my first round of the year at Blairgowrie today on the Wee Course. I’m not exactly ‘good’ at golf (I like exploring the scenery…), and previous scores of 113 and 101 didn’t bode well. Add in a finger injury from a few months ago that’s not heeled 100%, and expectations were low.

Seems that being scared to grip the club tightly, and slowing my swing down to compensate worked wonders - struck the ball well throughout - particularly 5-iron - and lipped out on 18 for an 89 (I’ve never come close to breaking 90 anywhere).

Typically, my next round will likely be back in the 100’s. Stupid game…

29 minutes ago, codfish said:

Played my first round of the year at Blairgowrie today on the Wee Course. I’m not exactly ‘good’ at golf (I like exploring the scenery…), and previous scores of 113 and 101 didn’t bode well. Add in a finger injury from a few months ago that’s not heeled 100%, and expectations were low.

Seems that being scared to grip the club tightly, and slowing my swing down to compensate worked wonders - struck the ball well throughout - particularly 5-iron - and lipped out on 18 for an 89 (I’ve never come close to breaking 90 anywhere).

Typically, my next round will likely be back in the 100’s. Stupid game…

Congrats mate. 

Not suggesting that Ryan Palmer is a glory hunter, but in 2018 he paired up with Jordan Speith at the Zurich Classic with Speith no 3 on the OWGR at the time. 2019 and 2021 it was Jon Rahm.

This year he is playing with Scheffler. [emoji1787]

So, Robert Garrigus is the first player who has requested a release to play in the first Saudi Golf League event...
Currently world number 1043.

The Saudis obviously want to attract anybody for the first year, then hope when better players see those guys earn crazy money, then that will sway them to follow.

Put my 3rd card in today for handicap. First card was 94 off the yellows and I let my nerves get the better of me, same when playing in the medal, there was a guy I hadn't played with before with us and it took me some time to settle, carded a 96 there. Today I shot a 91 off the yellows and it should've been sub-90 if it wasn't for a daft 7 on a short par 4 and taking an 8 after losing 2 off the tee. My best score round Dumbarton is 83 so a bit of work to do to cut out the silly mistakes. 

It's fucking brilliant being out in the sunshine again though. Even the auld dawdlers can't upset me if the sun is out and I've a club in my hand. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Put my 3rd card in today for handicap. First card was 94 off the yellows and I let my nerves get the better of me, same when playing in the medal, there was a guy I hadn't played with before with us and it took me some time to settle, carded a 96 there. Today I shot a 91 off the yellows and it should've been sub-90 if it wasn't for a daft 7 on a short par 4 and taking an 8 after losing 2 off the tee. My best score round Dumbarton is 83 so a bit of work to do to cut out the silly mistakes. 

It's fucking brilliant being out in the sunshine again though. Even the auld dawdlers can't upset me if the sun is out and I've a club in my hand. 

Good stuff that's you got your baseline for the rest of the season now