Golfers Thread

Gaz

Electric Golf Trolleys

think of getting one of these, anybody got one? I have a normal trolley but played a medal with someone with an electric and the thing looked great. I am pretty lazy so anything that makes my life a wee bit easier I am all for. Anybody got any advice what kind to get. Wont be getting the ones that are over a grand thats for sure. Thinking about £350-£400 is limit

GoKart. Best customer service in golf.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to take up golf again in the not too distant future, probably not this year, but the begining of next.

Can anyone suggest reasonable courses in Glasgow, particularly north Glasgow/Milngavie/Bearsden type way? I'm looking for something better than a public course, but I'm not willing to spend huge amounts of money. I'm still under 30 for another few years and I know that some clubs offer under 30's discounts.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.randa.org/RandA/News/News/2014/January/Revision-to-Rules-Regarding-Distance-Measuring-Devices.aspx

Was sent this link... By the sounds of this, Iphones are allowed to be used as distance measuring devices, provided that the app only provides information on distance. I was under the impression there was a blanket ban on Iphones due to the compass and spirit level apps but this seems to be specifically addressed in the article.

Any ideas?

Got my DD form handed in, that's me signed up for another year. Up to £660 this month but at least I've now got a locker. Shabba!

Looking forward to getting back into it. Hopefully get the ol' handicap under 20 this season, sitting at 23 the now.

Got my DD form handed in, that's me signed up for another year. Up to £660 this month but at least I've now got a locker. Shabba!

Looking forward to getting back into it. Hopefully get the ol' handicap under 20 this season, sitting at 23 the now.

Where you playing your golf mate?

• 2 weeks later...

Will the Open heading to Sky be a good or bad thing? As an old fart who grew up with everything on the BBC I am a tad sad. I know it is all down to money but will it mean fewer people will see it? Cricket went the same way.

Will the Open heading to Sky be a good or bad thing? As an old fart who grew up with everything on the BBC I am a tad sad. I know it is all down to money but will it mean fewer people will see it? Cricket went the same way.

it is incredibly short sighted from the r and a. Peter Dawson said that the money would be used to increase participation levels but cricket participation levels have fallen since there was none on terrestrial TV. Interestingly the only golfers/ ex golfers which have backed this are in the pay of sky sports which tells its own story.

Guest The Phoenix

Tiger to take a break from golf.

Clearly running scared after hearing about my 8 pars, 5 birdies and 1 bogey over the 14 holes played this morning.

Tiger to take a break from golf.Clearly running scared after hearing about my 8 pars, 5 birdies and 1 bogey over the 14 holes played this morning.

Mmm. He says he won't play until his game is "tournament ready". If the recent evidence is anything to go by then it could be a very long wait.

Excellent article in the golf digest website about Tiger's woes.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2015-03/tiger-chipping-yips-jaime-diaz