Golfers Thread

Gaz

I think it’s hard to criticise McInroy here,  he’s for a long time not been able to put 4 good rounds together, but imo he’s done it this weekend,  if he can do that more often the majors will come back.

That said we’ll  find smith up there quite often with that putting,  boys here to stay.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
On a slightly negative note, I'm sick and tired of the constant rounds in the 50s being shot round this course in these benign conditions.

Fishing for Pepp?

Not specifically him, but every time the Open is at St Andrews, you get the stuff like "the pros will rip this apart, there will be at least one 59".

Not even close this week

I think it’s hard to criticise McInroy here,  he’s for a long time not been able to put 4 good rounds together, but imo he’s done it this weekend,  if he can do that more often the majors will come back.
That said we’ll  find smith up there quite often with that putting,  boys here to stay.

I think it’s entirely fair to criticise him. He played unimaginative, negative golf in his approach play pretty much all day. Whether that was through an inability to hit his irons in range for birdie chances or an unwillingness to risk a mistake is essentially moot. He didn’t do it and it cost him. Hovland was exactly the same. They had the two worst rounds of anyone in the top 18, and only Scott and Kim had similarly bad in the top 20. They only have themselves to blame.