Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’m not going to lie lads….it’s a difficult bunker! Here is a picture of it from above. It’s the one on the right 

IMG_7181.jpeg

If I were at the back of it I'd consider laying up and trying to get out second time.....

5 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

can't get anything going just now in the medals, really hot and cold with every part of my game and they are never hot at the same time. h/cap up again after midweek medal yesterday

Yip day 1 drive good/everything else crap 

Day 2 drive crap/irons good putting crap 

But it's glorious when it actually all comes together the twice a year 🤣

Noticed yesterday that Bob MacIntyre has gone back to his old caddy and coach.

He was +4 at the turn yesterday but rallied to come back in 32 to finish level par, followed that up today with a -2 round of 70.

Calum Hill is best placed Scot at -4 with Connor Syme and Scott Jamieson on the same score as Bob. Hope they all have good weekends. 

Just watched Tom McKibbin run up an 11 on a 320 yard par 4. His second spun back off the green into the water, and was very nearly playable but was just too close to the boards that edge the water to get the ball up. He went back and hit his 4th over the green, then chipped 2 from there through the green into the water.

Played Carmuirs today for the first time.  A bit scruffy but a great layout, some brilliant holes especially round the middle of the course.  

Well worth the princely sum of £22.  Friendly members as well.  Played to my handicap, which is always pleasing on a new course.