Golfers Thread

Gaz

Kingsbarns and Valderrama. Apart from being stunning courses, they just get every aspect of the experience right.

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No mentions for Dalmuir Municipal? I thought you guys knew your golf.

Royal Ruchill over Dalmuir every day of the week

I don’t get the love-in for Trump Aberdeen.  It was the third best course we played on a tour of Aberdeenshire a few years back!  (there, Royal Aberdeen, Murcar, Cruden Bay)

I really really want to play Turnberry again (haven’t been since TFG bought it) but not doing so on principle

On 23/06/2023 at 22:10, Disco Duck said:

What’s the best course people have played? 

Dumbarnie is probably number 1 for me, both of the courses at Blairgowrie are fantastic aswell. Played their scratch open a couple years on the trot when I was still playing, £60 for 36 holes and you get your lunch in the middle.  

In the more affordable category I’d go for Golspie, fantastic links/heathland mix. Played it many times when up visiting my grandparents as a youngster. 

My favourite course to play was Turnberry, the individual holes are stunning and the location and surroundings are great even if it was a 40 mph wind that day. 

Best condition and experience of the day has to be Loch Lomond Golf Club, what a place and what a course from the minute you pulled into the car park until they polished my shoes for the journey home! Incredible

13 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

Interesting interview with Rick Shiels and Ian Poulter, it's quite long but worth a listen

Can you summarise the interesting bits as I've no appetite to listen to this p***k for an hour and a half.

Medal golf can f**k so far off it can go no further. 

108 today and for all the usual holes that should have been better, there were as many in there that were desperately scrambled and could/should have been a whole lot worse. A couple of shots I played out of lies that would have had Jordan Spieth in tears and somehow dug them out, but all in all, just an absolute catastrophe.

One particular hole I played a provisional off the tee then stupidly found my first in knee high grass. I then had three hacks at it to get it out sideways, then whilst trying to sensibly put a 9 iron up to the middle, flushed it about 160 yards into some Heather 🤣

In the case of (stupidly) finding that first ball, I guess I should have called it unplayable and gave up a stroke to take it out?  

On 24/06/2023 at 17:31, peasy23 said:

Watched a bit of the Amateur championship, the boy that won it is a big lump of a lad.

20230624_172934.jpg

Just watching the highlights at the moment. Lamprecht just overpowers the course with some brutal hitting and a tidy short game. The Swiss boy did well to hang on for as long as he did. 

Hit a six iron out of the rough from 160 out today, absolutely beautiful flight and got up to the green where it took a really weird bounce off to the right and off the green annoyingly.

Got up and this was the pitch mark…

027F4BD0-2506-42DD-A733-1437CD31FCE0.thumb.jpeg.2bb72852f1c7385ceba8797d072e5070.jpeg

Nice to see Boab under par at the Belfrey. 5 behind Rose at the moment but good to see him in red figures for the first time in a wee while

26 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Nice to see Boab under par at the Belfrey. 5 behind Rose at the moment but good to see him in red figures for the first time in a wee while

He finished -5 at the BMW last weekend. 

What is this pish with a DJ playing at the British Masters? Seen it a couple of times at different events, that would do my nut in as both a player and a spectator. Maybe I’m getting boring in my old age.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What is this pish with a DJ playing at the British Masters? Seen it a couple of times at different events, that would do my nut in as both a player and a spectator. Maybe I’m getting boring in my old age.

Aye it’s becoming more prominent. I’m like you and think it’s pish 

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Noticed it at that Scandinavian Mixed tournament a couple of weeks back. Not a fan of it either.