Golfers Thread

Gaz

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Aye, the old days of Alliss’ random interjections during ten hours of un-interrupted BBC Open Golf live coverage… I remember those days well, and kind of miss the auld duffer…..

’I received a letter this week from Nancy Blenkinsopp and all the lady members at Old Fartington Golf Club in Little Muddleton, a lovely stretch of golfing country. Their annual stableford and charity tray-bake sale takes place next week in aid of the Old Fartingdon juniors section. Why not go along and support Nancy and the ladies. A worthy cause…. Now, oh what a shot there from Neil Coles’.

Ah, the old days.

I remember the last open he did i think it was at troon, Stenson maybe the winner? Camera panned to Stensons mrs and he hit out with ‘shes delighted she’ll get a new kitchen’. Daft auld c**t. 

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I remember the last open he did i think it was at troon, Stenson maybe the winner? Camera panned to Stensons mrs and he hit out with ‘shes delighted she’ll get a new kitchen’. Daft auld c**t. 

As I say, ah, the old days. 😎

No sign of McGinley commentating which is a real plus.

The last spell with the tedious kunt that is Faldo is grim though. Dougherty has his tongue firmly up Faldo's ring and all the while with no sense of irony Faldo is giving advice as to how Luke Donald might captain the Ryder Cup team.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

28 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

No sign of McGinley commentating which is a real plus.

The last spell with the tedious kunt that is Faldo is grim though. Dougherty has his tongue firmly up Faldo's ring and all the while with no sense of irony Faldo is giving advice as to how Luke Donald might captain the Ryder Cup team.

"If only you knew the power of the Dark Side, Luke....."

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The amount of ad breaks is incredibly frustrating. Are we having or had a Rolex hour? 

You just missed the Rolex hour. The first advert after it was, naturally, a Rolex advert. The smell of shite has just reached my nostrils all the way from Hoylake…. This isn’t just a timepiece. It’s the tradition, honour, sportsmanship. Built upon years of uncompromising waffle, bullshit, pish, pants.

Sorry, but a timepiece is exactly what it is. End of. Does the same job as my fifteen year old, $60 hasn’t missed a beat Tommy Bahama watch purchased on holiday in (Mashed potato!) the USA.

Fcuk Rolex. 😎

Edited by pozbaird

Watching Rory, Rahm & Rosie is like watching a midweek medal threeball at any of our common or garden courses… ‘Fore right! Fore right! Fore rightttt!’…… putts missed from a foot out. These three are guff. 😎😛

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You just missed the Rolex hour. The first advert after it was, naturally, a Rolex advert. The smell of shite has just reached my nostrils all the way from Hoylake…. This isn’t just a timepiece. It’s the tradition, honour, sportsmanship. A watch honed from years of competition, waffle, bullshit, pish, pants.

Sorry, but a timepiece is exactly what it is. End of. Does the same job as my fifteen year old, $60m hasn’t missed a beat Tommy Bahama watch purchased on holiday in (Mashed potato!) the USA.

Fcuk Rolex. 😎

I’m glad it’s not me that hates that advert.  It get why they advertise during golf, it’s a wealthy demographic worldwide, but aside from anything else the narrative makes no fucking sense.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'm in the minority. I don't mind Sir Nick. Yes he loves himself but I personally find him a decent listen. His knowledge of golf and all the courses is second to none. Quite enjoy when he's doing commentary. I appreciate though that when he talks about his major wins and how great he is, it will wind people up. 

Coltart is absolutely class. Does a brilliant job as lead commentator. He was a complete gentleman when he was a player as well - always giving away his stuff at end of a round and signing autographs. The only one I'm not overly keen on is Henni but she has improved. 

Speaking of gentleman, Rickie is top drawer. Last Thursday, me and mate went to Scottish open. As we were walking out past the autograph area, we seen Rickie signing autographs. Was a total fan boy and got a selfie with him. Great guy. 

2 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

I'm in the minority. I don't mind Sir Nick. Yes he loves himself but I personally find him a decent listen. His knowledge of golf and all the courses is second to none. Quite enjoy when he's doing commentary. I appreciate though that when he talks about his major wins and how great he is, it will wind people up. 

Coltart is absolutely class. Does a brilliant job as lead commentator. He was a complete gentleman when he was a player as well - always giving away his stuff at end of a round and signing autographs. The only one I'm not overly keen on is Henni but she has improved. 

Speaking of gentleman, Rickie is top drawer. Last Thursday, me and mate went to Scottish open. As we were walking out past the autograph area, we seen Rickie signing autographs. Was a total fan boy and got a selfie with him. Great guy. 

Henni is brutal, as is Dame Laura. I know that sounds incredibly sexist but it’s just my opinion that they are pish. Iona is decent enough and I quite like inci Mehmet. 

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Aye, the old days of Alliss’ random interjections during ten hours of un-interrupted BBC Open Golf live coverage… I remember those days well, and kind of miss the auld duffer…..

’I received a letter this week from Nancy Blenkinsopp and all the lady members at Old Fartington Golf Club in Little Muddleton, a lovely stretch of golfing country. Their annual stableford and charity tray-bake sale takes place next week in aid of the Old Fartingdon juniors section. Why not go along and support Nancy and the ladies. A worthy cause…. Now, oh what a shot there from Neil Coles’.

Ah, the old days.

Alex Hay was the better commentator in that pair by miles, and that is a hill I will happily die on.

7 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You ******* ****.

MW0i.gif

Scotscraig was in tremendous condition, greens maybe a bit softer than I expected, but still fucking rapid. Needed a bogey-par finish for a 79, so went for the more impressive double bogey-birdie finish instead

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Henni is brutal, as is Dame Laura. I know that sounds incredibly sexist but it’s just my opinion that they are pish. Iona is decent enough and I quite like inci Mehmet. 

Feel like Dame Laura often states the obvious with the odd nugget of decent commentating chucked in*. Iona and Inci are very decent and have improved. The likes of Beem and Dougherty have great insight. Stated before but Butch Harmon is a huge miss to the commentary team. 

*Mainly when I have no fucking idea if it's a straight putt or left to right.