Golfers Thread

Gaz

32 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Utterly fantastic to see Bob qualify on merit.  Cannot wait to see him taking on the Americans.  Hopefully LD will play him in the fourball ties as he makes a lot of birdies; his driving is maybe a bit wayward atm for foursomes, but we shall see.

We have Rory, Rahm, Hovland, Hatton, Fleetwood, Fiztp, Bob, Lowry, Rose, Straka and Aberg (who'll definitely be in after winning) as folk have said - last spot is maybe between Meronk, R Hojgaard, and possibly Bjork, who is super-consistent and on form?  Seen a few folk suggesting the other Fitzpatrick - lol. maybe next time...

ETA: would love to see Aberg and Hovland paired together.

Saw a few comments on twitter that Donald will be getting his ear chewed by Thomas Bjorn to include at least one of the Hojgaards.

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Saw a few comments on twitter that Donald will be getting his ear chewed by Thomas Bjorn to include at least one of the Hojgaards.

If he does, it should be Nicolai. Rasmus has not shown much form at all other than the win at Himmerland.

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If he does, it should be Nicolai. Rasmus has not shown much form at all other than the win at Himmerland.

Yep, just like Bob, Nicolai has a win at the Marco Simone on his resume. Meronk was runner up to him in 2021.

17 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Rose 

Straka

Fleetwood

N Hojgard

Aberg ( first Ryder cup player never to have played in a major)

Meronk 

For me

Lowry has been off the pace for months 

Lowry gets in just as Rorys partner I think. Not sure I agree with it either but maybe not the worst idea having another experienced guy there (and Rorys best mate) with quite a few new guys coming onto the team. 

Round of 2 halves today. Out in 51, home in 43. Even the front 9.... Didn't feel like a badly played 9 holes, but less than ideal putting and a few bad touches around the green. 

A round of golf where I was pretty happy with my ball striking, and really it then just becomes a matter of getting approach shots close and canning putts. Still can post a shite score if you're playing well, but at least it's enjoyable and feels good. Today was one of those. 

No complaints from me with those picks. There's a lot of pressure on Lowry to get his act together but with so many other rookies in the team I can see why he was picked - even though he's only played once himself he's been around the top level of the game for a few years.

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

Have to say I think leaving Meronk out is a mistake. Big call.

Same as I mentioned earlier I would have binned Lowry for him but also can't fault donalds logic for taking him